Main Menu

Why is this?

Started by blown motor, January 13, 2024, 02:47:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

I've been watching the Mecum auction for a few days. Why is it that we see AARs for sale but not T/As? There were 2724 AARs built and 2399 T/As, so almost the same number. But there are 8 AARs at Mecum and no T/As. And that's the way it always seems to be, not hard to find an AAR at an auction but rarely a T/A.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

cuda hunter

AAR's hold more value.
The investor collectors are at the auctions therefore the "more valuable" cars are also at the auctions.
Don't get me wrong, t/a's are still price and very collectable but the aar's are investments. 
How many challengers compared to cuda's went through this auction cycle?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Nah: Think about it, I always wanted a T/A, never really thought much about an AAR. So I think T/A owners just don't want to part with them.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

For me I prefer the look of the T/A's, but I know plenty of people that wouldn't take two T/A's over a single AAR. 

JH27N0B

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on January 13, 2024, 04:16:11 PMNah: Think about it, I always wanted a T/A, never really thought much about an AAR. So I think T/A owners just don't want to part with them.
This :ohyeah:
There's been plenty of T/As at Mecum auctions over the years. For some reason none at this years Kissimmee.  I'm sure as the year progresses there will be some at future Mecum events.

dodj

I think Sheldon nailed it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

chargerdon

its not just the TA's   at mecum   all the cudas went for more than a similarly equipt Challenger