Main Menu

Window won't crank up - Driver Side 1970 Cuda

Started by FIAARMN, April 19, 2020, 12:19:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FIAARMN

So, some of you may know we are getting the Cuda ready to ship. the drivers window wont crank past a 1/4 way up. We really don't want to pull the panel off but it is looking like we will have to. I tried some forum and internet searches, but wi-fi is horrible right now and I simply don't have the time with the amount of things we need to do with the other vehicles we have to move and get loaded on the transport Tuesday. Any suggestions, things to look at, adjustments, thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!  You all have been great and I am trouble shooting as we go. i don't want to ship this on a trailer with the window down and I don't want to tape any plastic to the vehicle either
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

anlauto

Likely going to have to remove the interior panel at least to see what's going on. Often times the front track hardware comes loose off of the glass and can jamb up inside the front track. Maybe try wiggling the glass as you try to roll it up ???? Who knows... :alan2cents:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Priesty

Remote mirror cable control routed incorrectly? Seem to recall I had an issue with that at some point.
Cheers....
Steve.
72 BS23 E55 'Cuda, Lemon twist.
Seaworks HDR by steve, on Flickr

Chryco Psycho

FIAARMN

Hope to get it tackles in the morning before the transport arrives..... but t did not

fingers crossed
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

FIAARMN

Window went up, took another person lifting and wiggle back and forth the window as someone cranked it.

This will be added to the list of things to address!!!

anlauto

LIKELY SOMETHING JAMBED in the front track...common issue :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I'm a Mopar guy through and through but I can tell you one weak point on these cars is the door window system. Real heavy windows and the hardware/tracks could have been a bit more beefier.
Sheldon

FIAARMN

good think to know. I will look at fixing, don't ant to replace as I do believe its original to the car

Chryco Psycho

Cleaning & greasing will get you a long way , 50 year old grease gets hard !

JS29

Synthetic grease, or brake caliper grease is what i use.  :alan2cents:   

FIAARMN

going to try and grease and clean...... thanks all!