Main Menu

Windshield washer spray bottle questions

Started by fireguyfire, June 05, 2019, 08:41:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

Decided to replace the washer bottle on my 73 challenger as my original was cracked in a couple of spots.
Removed and cleaned up the old pump out of the bottom, and because some of the hose connecting to the nozzles has cracked and broken, I hadn't bothered to see if the pump ran before I removed it all.
1) is there a way to bench test the pump to see if it's working before installing into the new bottle?
2) how the heck do you get the nut with filter onto the pump through the long neck of the bottle. A long socket extension might work but there is a white plastic washer that goes on before the plastic nut and I'm trying to figure an easy way to get that on first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burdar

The ground wire for the motor clips into one of the mounting holes in the bottle.  When you attach the bottle, the motor gets grounded.  To test, all you have to do is ground the ground wire and touch the brown power wire to the + side of the battery.  New motors are available and aren't very expensive.

To attach the filter/nut, you can use a socket and extension like you said.  Maybe put a little grease on the plastic washer to hold it to the nut.  Hold the bottle upside down and feed the nut/socket/extension up from the bottom.

kawahonda

Getting that nut on and tight (not over tight) sucks...I think I made a tool. LOL

1970 Dodge Challenger A66