Main Menu

1970 Cuda parking lamps - Classic Ind. OER

Started by Solarguy, August 01, 2023, 02:08:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

Mike at BE&A spent lots of time and money getting all of his stuff as correct as possible. That's not cheap to do. People gripped about the price. Then along came the guys that built stuff incorrect but cheap. People bought that instead and still complained. Mike got out of the business. He did not need the headaches.

anlauto

I think for the majority of people building these cars, price is the deciding factor a lot of times... :no:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70_440-6Cuda

interesting thread, and being late to the game for a restoration project, I am finding the challenge to be exactly this discussion - at what point do you just give up and say good enough?  The cost for GOOD, useable, original parts is in the stratosphere, and then you still have the challenge of "restoring" them if it is even feasible.

For those who were wise enough to collect over the years, that is great, but as we all know, there is not much left out there worth a damn.  I had to buy 2 sets of front fenders to make a solid pair; I just could not live with the aftermarket AMD fenders - paper thin and the fit was just OK.

But I am thinking of picking up a pair of these anyway "just in case" for fear of not being able to get them later - even though I have 2 sets of original....... :crazytalk:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Mr Cuda

Since I  reviewed them, I  might add I'm in the same boat as everyone else.
While I have nos for some cars, I have a ton of used stuff for the rest. They need sorting and cleaning to match quality,  then get down rated based on the car.
Even 40 years ago,  they were cracked,  chipped,  and dull.
My rip van winkle stage of not paying attention,  meant missing out on rounding out the parts stash.
These are clear, fit well and will make my non numbers cars look great.
Best bang for the "Restoration Purists", swap the lens to a factory housing and inner prism.