Started by MasonDaniel7, December 05, 2020, 11:24:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

340challconvert

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

js27

70vert

If it is as sweet as it looks that is not a bad price, even with a 318. Numbers matching, low-ish miles, and fresh motor/tranny rebuild = it's done!

7E-Bodies

I like it, but that stripe  :barf: would have to come off first, then the black hood scoops.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Jay Bee

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on December 08, 2020, 09:39:52 AM
I like it, but that stripe  :barf: would have to come off first, then the black hood scoops.

:iagree:  plus repaint those wheels.

challengermaniac

Just goes to show you can get backwards ($) into a 1970 Challenger Convertible! 

Very nice car, although as mentioned the scoops should have been body color and that side Challenger stripe has got to go.  Lets hope it's a decal, otherwise big trouble!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

318Stroker

Quote from: challengermaniac on December 08, 2020, 11:23:48 AM
Just goes to show you can get backwards ($) into a 1970 Challenger Convertible! 

Very nice car, although as mentioned the scoops should have been body color and that side Challenger stripe has got to go.  Lets hope it's a decal, otherwise big trouble!

I agree. Stripe is nicely done and well executed, but it's got to go. And it violates one of my pet peeve badging tenets. Can't have two of the same callouts on the same surface. In this case, you have the huge Challenger stripe, as well as the Challenger badging on the fender. Kind of like the 71 Challenger R/T's I see with the R/T side stripe, and the R/T emblem on the fender. Pick one, and one only!

The hood scoops color would be easy enough to remedy, although some people must like it, as I see it fairly often. And yes 60K is a lot for a 318 rag.

Crocha617

Yes $60k seems like alot for a 318 car. I'd sell my RT vert for that.