Started by MasonDaniel7, April 25, 2020, 01:28:49 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

RT999

JS29

1 Wild R/T

headejm

71vert340

Here's what the ad states - "originally built as 1 of 19 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Convertibles with these options: 383 Magnum 4bbl and 335 HP engine| 4 speed transmission| Sublime High Impact." It then goes on to say - "The restoration includes an upgraded 4 speed manual transmission| " What is an upgraded 4 speed transmission? Was the original numbers transmission rebuilt or replaced with something better? Nice looking convertible. It would be a great driver.
Terry

headejm

The ad also says:

1970 DODGE CHALLENGER R/T CONVERTIBLE 29964 Miles GREEN 383 Automatic
Stock #: 70DO-02
Exterior Color: GREEN
Interior Color: WHITE
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Engine: 383
Title Condition: Clear

A bit confusing I suppose?

JH27N0B

That car has been listed on eBay for a long time.
Interesting opening bid, $83,610! Darn it, my budget is $83,600.  I'm sol, missed out by 10 bucks!

anlauto

I might guess it's a bit of shill bidding going on  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

That number is the number the seller put on it, no actual bids shill or otherwise.
I just question where their number comes from.  Why not a round number like  $82,500 or $80,000?
Or a more realistic opening number like $60,000 if they actually want to sell it?

anlauto

my eyes are bad too...when I quickly looked at it earlier I thought it said ten bids...my bad :headbang: now I see why you're talking about the odd number :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

That price go me as well. Is two places it states automatic, Then it states 4-Speed in two different places to go along with it.  :looney:

6bblgt

& the 1 of 19 number is for US spec. R/T convertibles with 383HP & 3-speed manual transmission  :drunk:

headejm

@6bblgt Do white interior cars always have black seatbelts? What determines the color of the seatbelts?  :notsure: