Main Menu

1970 Challenger R/T NOM 426 hemi on Facebook

Started by dhh, July 19, 2021, 07:22:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2021, 05:12:27 AM
You need to login to see the prices. :alan2cents:  It should show the highest bid

I'm logged in and I can see the prices for other dodge challengers in those auctions but not this one.  :notsure:

anlauto

Quote from: dhh on July 20, 2021, 05:33:41 AM
You need to login to see the prices. :alan2cents:  It should show the highest bid

I'm logged in and I can see the prices for other dodge challengers in those auctions but not this one.  :notsure:

Well, I have to say that's very odd  :huh: I can't answer that one :help:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

floorit426

Quote from: anlauto on July 19, 2021, 07:10:16 PM
It's a 838 car, not a 440 originally...not that that really matters now :alan2cents:
I agree, but one thing that always screams budget build, imo, is when they don't put a dana into a big block/hemi four speed conversion.

Smallblock340

Quote from: anlauto on July 20, 2021, 05:51:55 AM
Quote from: dhh on July 20, 2021, 05:33:41 AM

Well, I have to say that's very odd  :huh: I can't answer that one :help:

Perhaps canceled entry? Sometimes cars are withdrawn from auction. But to cancel it twice in a row???  :notsure:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

Matt M

It's a 383 car, not a 440 originally...not that that really matters now :alan2cents:

I guess thats why it does not have the Dana.....

dhh

Quote from: floorit426 on July 20, 2021, 08:23:37 AM
It's a 838 car, not a 440 originally...not that that really matters now :alan2cents:
I agree, but one thing that always screams budget build, imo, is when they don't put a dana into a big block/hemi four speed conversion.

Which parts would I need to do a correct rear for a hemi clone?

floorit426

I am far from the most knowledgeable person on here, but right off the bat you would need an ebody dana 60 and driveshaft. You may also need the pinion snubber plate, torque boxes, skid plate, and maybe some power steering pieces. Some of that stuff may already be in place, though. Is this car supposed to be at the upcoming Mecum/Monterey auction? I see you are in the SF area. If you are in the southbay, you're welcome to come over and I'll show you, on my car.

JH27N0B

You'd need to find a E body Dana 60 first of all, which are hard to find and probably at least $3000 if you find one for sale.  And they weight a lot too, so not something that can be shipped to you by USPS or Fed Ex, factor in truck shipping on a pallet. There may be some vendors who will sell you a new Dana set up for your application, if so the price probably wouldn't be any cheaper but at least you could get one ordered quickly rather than searching and searching to find an original.
And selling the 8-3/4 you take out will be work too unless someone local wants to buy it.
Then you need springs, Eaton is probably best.  I am not sure on the propshaft, do 8-3/4 rears and Danas have the same yokes?  Same length propshaft?
Might need to get the rear set up if you find one, unless you get really lucky, new seals, adjust the gears, brakes.  If someone sells a new most of that would be taken care of already, though you'd probably still have to install brakes on it.
A bit of a project to do.

dhh

Quote from: floorit426 on July 22, 2021, 02:29:34 PM
Is this car supposed to be at the upcoming Mecum/Monterey auction?

Nah, this one is in Indiana. I have family in Chicagoland and I'm there for the summer.

headejm

Some Hemi powered E-bodies with automatic transmissions came from the factory with 8 3/4 rear differentials. So it's not out of the question to have an 8 3/4 with a Hemi. I know we are talking about a 4-speed car but unless you plan to drag race, I'd say the 8 3/4 should be fine.  :alan2cents: