Main Menu

1970 Cuda Limelight found on Facebook

Started by dhh, June 30, 2021, 09:05:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

Original post: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/336637914740530/

I'm proud to offer this 1970 Plymouth Cuda 383 in sublime green this car was a almost a 15 year build using all nos parts this Cuda is practically new i mean the wrappers are still on the seatbelt buckles and has under 1k miles on the freshly rebuilt 383 you will not find a nicer Cuda on the market for under 100k please call or direct message for any info i will only send the fender tag and vin to people who call me sorry to many scams

Guy is asking $85k which seems high for a 383 auto hardtop. Dealer is Midwest Vintage cars. Thoughts?

johnr

Just think what these Mopar Muscle cars are going to be worth ten years from now.
--  johnr  --

JH27N0B

If they spent 15 years restoring it, you'd think they could have found a correct distributor cap, master cylinder, ignition wires and a set of trim rings for the wheels in that time.
Maybe it's just me getting old, but I would never buy another E body with manual steering again.  My one Challenger that has manual steering I always feel like I am going to break the steering wheel or some other component when I am wrestling with maneuvering it at low speed up my driveway and into the garage.  No fun!

benguin

Were non-power drum brakes standard on the 'cuda line?   I knew they were on the base and Grand Coupe.

For the price, I would really expect to see a more correct distributor cap though. (and definitely not blue)

anlauto

Is that one of those reproduction grills with absolutely NO paint on it ? :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dhh

Quote from: benguin on June 30, 2021, 09:51:30 AM
Were non-power drum brakes standard on the 'cuda line?   I knew they were on the base and Grand Coupe.

For the price, I would really expect to see a more correct distributor cap though. (and definitely not blue)

Yeah, if he wants to get $85k for it I'd expect every detail to be perfect and correct.

JH27N0B

For what he's asking, the top should go down!
Based on just the pictures, I'd say its a 50-55K car, though an in person inspection would be needed to see the quality of the car, check out the numbers, tag etc.

RzeroB

Quote from: benguin on June 30, 2021, 09:51:30 AM

Yes they were. The base 'Cuda was somewhat ... underwhelming ... 383, 3 speed manual stick, drum brakes, etc. I think part of Ma Mopar's marketing strategy was they were betting that you would check off some options to make it more inspiring ... and more expensive and profitable.
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

318Stroker

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 30, 2021, 09:40:14 AM
If they spent 15 years restoring it, you'd think they could have found a correct distributor cap, master cylinder, ignition wires and a set of trim rings for the wheels in that time.

Not to mention that ugly 72-74 E-body steering wheel. I couldn't wait to ditch mine in favor of a Tuff wheel.

benguin

Quote from: JH27N0B on June 30, 2021, 09:40:14 AM
Maybe it's just me getting old, but I would never buy another E body with manual steering again.  My one Challenger that has manual steering I always feel like I am going to break the steering wheel or some other component when I am wrestling with maneuvering it at low speed up my driveway and into the garage.  No fun!

Yeesh!  Without power steering or power brakes (especially on a B engine), that's like having a gym membership.  My SB Challenger had drum brakes and I thought THAT was iffy, but even that had PS.

dmastr3665

well a couple of years ago I was trying to sell a cobra, I took it to Street side classics and put it on consignment, I told them my price and they listed it for 3 months, they advertised the car at $25000.00 over what i wanted to get for it, after a month and a half they dropped the price $4000.00, it wasn't until the last week of my contract that they lowered the price to about $10000.00 over what i would of taken for the car, the last week it was under contract they called me and said they think they had an out of state buyer but he couldn't actually look at the car until the next week and they said i had to renew the contract for another 90 days for him to see it,  :haha: :haha: :haha: yea right I could see that coming a mile away, my point is any of these classic car sellers you see a car on are going to price the car way over what the seller will take, if there's a way to get the vin# and find out the actual seller you can probably get the car for what the seller really will take. most likely thousands and thousands less than you see it advertised for. I did sell the cobra at Mecum and got what the car was actually worth, not an inflated price.