Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger convertible original 318 solid

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 06, 2021, 12:19:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

C_B5

The original paint code on fender tag and whats remaining on floorboards / radiator support look to confirm that it was FY4.

One year only color that's fairly rare color on e-bodies in general. Probably safe to state that not many 70 convertibles in that color as well.

Done correctly it can be a stunning color. To see a really nice example of an FY4 e-body check out the 70 cuda owned by @VCODE

anlauto

Unfortunately the uniqueness of the original colour was probably the furthest thing on the mind of the person that bought it. I don't think an OE resto is in store for a car like this. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

VCODE

Quote from: C_B5 on June 09, 2021, 03:40:53 PM
The original paint code on fender tag and whats remaining on floorboards / radiator support look to confirm that it was FY4.

One year only color that's fairly rare color on e-bodies in general. Probably safe to state that not many 70 convertibles in that color as well.

Done correctly it can be a stunning color. To see a really nice example of an FY4 e-body check out the 70 cuda owned by @VCODE

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ragtopdodge

Problem w/project cars...

money pits, time pits, and getting super hard to find someone who won't charge you $150/hour or $30k for a basic paint job.