Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger Convertible Red!

Started by MasonDaniel7, September 25, 2020, 12:58:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

decades ago - reproduction fender tags used to be $40 - the interior code is WRONG - the SPD is WRONG - the VON is WRONG

I'd hazard a guess that when the inner fenders were replaced and the car was painted ~30 years ago, a tag was purchased to replace the rusted away original

one in six /6 '70 Challenger convertibles were painted FE5 "RED"
one in twelve /6 '70 Challenger convertibles had H6E4 "RED" interiors

Fastmark

Quote from: C_B5 on October 03, 2020, 08:46:46 PM
In order to see if the 2-tone red & white interior could be confirmed as factory original, I sent a message to the seller on eBay inquiring about the buildsheet.
Unfortunately, they do not have one. Here is the response received back from the seller.

"No but the Chrysler Registry letter and the fender tag are clearly pictured in this auction no broadcast sheet."

You do realize that you sent a message to a flipper that has owned the car for about a month don't you? He has no clue.

C_B5

Quote from: Fastmark on October 04, 2020, 03:19:39 AM
Quote from: C_B5 on October 03, 2020, 08:46:46 PM
In order to see if the 2-tone red & white interior could be confirmed as factory original, I sent a message to the seller on eBay inquiring about the buildsheet.
Unfortunately, they do not have one. Here is the response received back from the seller.

"No but the Chrysler Registry letter and the fender tag are clearly pictured in this auction no broadcast sheet."

You do realize that you sent a message to a flipper that has owned the car for about a month don't you? He has no clue.

Yes, realize it's most likely a flipper. Though that doesn't mean that they "may" or "may not" have additional paperwork that came with the car, that as you stated they have no clue about.  For those sellers not into the details they don't know what's important info to share. Plus it never hurts to ask. It will amaze you what people will say or share with you if take the time to ask & then listen.

Fastmark

It was listed on Moparts for about a week in the ebodies section. A guy from MO had it listed with  several other cars. Looks like he was selling out. It had blue seats in it. If I remover the add correctly, it claimed to have "solid" floors but rusty frame rails. I've slept since then and could be another car about the floors. Anyway, the floors in these pictures is junk. They have pans welded on top of the old cut out oem. Dan says the tag is fake. I see green paint around the core support numbers. Flippers are not going to tell you anything about a car they don't know about. You will have to make you own mind up out of the evidence  you can dig up. I knew and expert flipper in a  Texas.  He would not tell you the truth if was better. His MO was don't answer any questions. Let em figure it out.

anlauto

I think when buying any car, regardless if it's in the hands of a flipper, or still the original owner, it's the RESPONSIBILITY of the buyer to inspect the car themselves or send someone they can trust. They should never take the word of the seller. :stop:

There is a lot of honest sellers out there, but a lot of dubious ones as well.  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration