Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger RT

Started by MasonDaniel7, April 01, 2019, 12:31:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Ooooh: That's nice, I could even put up with the small engine.
Sheldon

anlauto

That is a great survivor !

I've never been a fan of survivors though....Here's the thing....You spend $47K for the car, which I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but you pay that much money for a car that has terrible paint, dents and dings all over it, faded carpet cracked dash, squeaks rattles oil leaks  etc..etc...Can you really be happy driving it around ? Sure burning rubber and having a "driver" is a lot of fun, but $47K worth of fun ?

For another $10K you could likely find a fully restored example of the same car and it you be something you would be proud to show your friends, take home a few trophies etc...

Sad part is, it would cost another $50K to restore this car to a nice level...so you could sell it for $60K :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I wouldn't pay that much either but I like the car and you know there is no bad bodywork hidden. I would have to repair that slight damage and blow it in, I would also have to deal with the dash pad. But IMO the car is way to good to destroy it's heritage just so you can lay a new clear coat paint job on it.
Sheldon