Main Menu

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A

Started by dodgemania, March 24, 2018, 07:32:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodgemania

not mine . 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A  gator top 4 speed
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Challenger-T-A/112889167416?hash=item1a48b7fe38:g:~V8AAOSwyHRatZwV&vxp=mtr
HAVE MY  1970 CHALLENGER T/A ALL NUMBERS MATCHING
RARE GATOR GRAIN TOP
WAS NUT AND BOLT AS YOU CAN SEE
CORRECT 340 TA MOTOR SIX PACK
4 SPEED TRANS
VERY NCIE CAR IN AND OUT
8 TRAC RADIO
VERY NICE CAR IN AND OUT
I AM THE THIRD OWNER OF IT
CLEAN TITLE IN HAND

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mjb765

what do you think it will go for?

RUNCHARGER

It's at $55k now, I think that is too much. I hope who ever buys it changes that grille emblem location before taking possession.
Sheldon

anlauto

Reserve is now off at $60K......kind of surprised ....kind off not surprised  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

Why does it have a exhaust tip hanger visible in the trunk?

LinceCuda

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 24, 2018, 04:58:12 PM
It's at $55k now, I think that is too much. I hope who ever buys it changes that grille emblem location before taking possession.
Nice car but like you I've never understood why people do things like that , makes no sense. :dunno:

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: I was wondering what the exhaust hangars held up, Then I wondered why he didn't spot fill the rust holes in the trunk if he wasn't going to repair it correctly. I don't hate the car but no way would I buy it.
Sheldon

Shane Kelley

That grill emblem probably defines the whole build.  :barf:  Even if you don't build Mopars and it looks like whoever did this doesn't. How hard is it to research something like that? Ummmm.  I think we will put it right here.

anlauto

I've said it before.....The quality of the restoration looks nice, but I think I can safely assume it was done by a shop that does "all makes" - "all models". I can never figure out how these types of shops can be experts on all the different details on all the different types of cars.
It's one thing to be able to do nice body work, lay down nice paint, but all that can be lost in the details. If the details pertaining to the particular vehicle are  not correct, the whole job looks terrible in the eyes of true enthusiasts of that model.
A Mustang guy might think this T/A looks fantastic, but us E Body guys are a little more critical of the details. :alan2cents: 

RUNCHARGER

Usually true: On this particular car though there are some pretty scummy areas of bodywork as well that I see. I actually don't like dissing cars, it's just when I see high asking prices on lesser quality work I can't help but speak up. It is a lot of work to make sure the paint and body is clean and properly prepped in every spot and that's why the value is there with a car that has every square inch properly done.
Sheldon

headejm

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 24, 2018, 09:12:25 PM
Why does it have a exhaust tip hanger visible in the trunk?

This is the second T/A that I have seen with the hanger bracket in the trunk. I posted this a while back and no one had an opinion about it. Seems odd to me.

anlauto

The original cars I've seen had the two holes on the passenger side only, with globs or seam sealer over them, no plate whatsoever and of course no holes on the driver's side either.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 25, 2018, 10:46:58 AM
The original cars I've seen had the two holes on the passenger side only, with globs or seam sealer over them, no plate whatsoever and of course no holes on the driver's side either.

Exactly...

Rich G.

I hope the person who is bidding this high on the car has seen this in person. I saw it a while ago and it will be a great car. It was driver quality at best when I saw it. The longer we looked at it the more we would want to restore the car again. I would never say anything bad to someone about their car but I've seen so many cars priced at high quality restoration level and they have no clue how much it will take to get it there after they've paid top dollar already. Everything can look great in pictures.