Main Menu

1970 Plymouth Cuda U-code 4spd

Started by MasonDaniel7, January 21, 2022, 11:07:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

This is the second U Code Cuda this week....this one has an unfortunate story with it though... :('
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

scf100

And says cowl never had factory stamping on it............anyone ever seen this happen?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

E74cuda

Quote from: scf100 on January 22, 2022, 07:37:21 AM
And says cowl never had factory stamping on it............anyone ever seen this happen?

The guy that wrecked the car is a friend of mine. He did sell the original parts to the current owner including the original cowl. Since the cowl did not have numbers stamped into it more than likely the radiator support was missing the number also. I've seen more than a few cars that didn't have the body numbers stamped into them. Some got missed at the factory. These days when the numbers and documentation mean so much, that is not a good thing.

HP_Cuda

The other strange item is that it's purportedly a 4 speed U code. Someone went to some great efforts to convert it to Automatic and I don't see the zbar bracket which would still be there if it was a 4 speed car even if it was converted into an auto.

Sadly many of the great options are gone with this one....
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 23, 2022, 02:06:24 PM

The other strange item is that it's purportedly a 4 speed U code. Someone went to some great efforts to convert it to Automatic and I don't see the zbar bracket which would still be there if it was a 4 speed car even if it was converted into an auto.

Sadly many of the great options are gone with this one....

The car had the whole front clip swapped out, obviously from an automatic car  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration