Main Menu

1970 R/T SE - Ebay

Started by Chippa, May 06, 2017, 08:49:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chippa

Everyone would love to have matching # car with all the desirable options for sure....but the reality for me is that this is not a determining factor in my pursuit to find the right car for me.

Sure i want to try and find a car that i can restore to a point that reflects how it pretty much  came from factory but the main points for me are trying to have the interior and exterior (paint) as it should be on fender tag as best i can, and if i end up with a Chally,  for it to be a true R/T car and if i find a Cuda to be a BS car.... and a D21...they are my starting points which should be my base....

Cheers A

Cuda Cody

Finding real RT Challengers or Cuda projects is getting harder, but it's going to take a lot of money and time to bring that one back.  I hope someone does as it's a cool car.

xx88man

I really like this car. Only about 400 RT/SE cars built with a 4-speed, U-code (rare) AND Plum Crazy.....this is one awesome car. I like cars that are different. I agree....restore the car as the RT that it is and if you want start collecting SE parts for it. Just my opinion.
Keep yer foot in it

6bblgt

pretty COOL!! Challenger  :yes:  auction states he has "ALL" the parts

I ran it thru the broadcast sheet decoder - results below

by my count ..... 19 extra cost OPTIONs totaling an additional $1008, a pretty difficult task without A/C  :ohyeah:

R/T SE + 440 4bbl + 4-speed + 3.54 DANA equals approximately 79 cars

most unique single item  :thinking: painted steel wheels on a R/T SE ..... around 101 cars

Chippa

Hmmm......Well i just tried to place an initial bid on it but was rejected by Ebay stating the seller is not selling to Australia....

I have messaged the owner to see if this is the case so will wait and see what transpires.....cant win it seems at the moment... :verymad:

61K T/A

The sellers description  " I've had it running". What does that mean? That doesn't sound to encouraging.  He should have said, it runs fine after the rebuild or some thing like that. I wonder what year 440 is in it? Its still  cool car

gdrill

Quote from: anlauto on May 06, 2017, 01:03:02 PM
This is the first "A23" car I've seen in my life  :rubeyes:

I know because Oct 23rd is my birthday and I've been looking :cooldance:

Off topic, but thought I would share. I've been searching for a certain build date as well, but have not found mine. But here is an A23 car! Happy birthday @anlauto!
Never too old to learn.

anlauto

Wow...two in one week..... :banana: Thank you...now I know they exist  :vipermanhiding:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

Quote from: Chippa on May 07, 2017, 02:56:58 AM
Hmmm......Well i just tried to place an initial bid on it but was rejected by Ebay stating the seller is not selling to Australia....

I have messaged the owner to see if this is the case so will wait and see what transpires.....cant win it seems at the moment... :verymad:

just a thought .... if you do get it, there is an AMD installation center that could get a lot of parts replaced before it goes down under, could save a lot of time/money/headache in the future with sending/acquiring the AMD parts in AU
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came