Main Menu

1971 Challenger 340 4-Speed All Numbers Matching Original

Started by MasonDaniel7, November 15, 2020, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

Interesting car.  Looks similar to my V code except mine doesn't have the formal roof or wide hood chrome package.
What's with the seats?  Looks like they've been reupholstered in some sort of cloth covers.  :barf: Lots needed to get the interior and engine compartment back to stock!
I can't get any interest in my turn key needs nothing to be ready to show V code trying to get in the 70s for it, so 79K buy it now seems very optimistic.  I'd think low to mid 50s and even that will take a while to find a buyer.

anlauto

:iagree:  yours was the first car I thought of when I opened this thread... ;)

$79K is a VERY optimistic number....I see mid-high $40's, low $50's maybe as well.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mopartaz

xx88man

Quote from: JH27N0B on November 16, 2020, 05:33:56 AM
Interesting car.  Looks similar to my V code except mine doesn't have the formal roof or wide hood chrome package.
What's with the seats?  Looks like they've been reupholstered in some sort of cloth covers.  :barf: Lots needed to get the interior and engine compartment back to stock!
I can't get any interest in my turn key needs nothing to be ready to show V code trying to get in the 70s for it, so 79K buy it now seems very optimistic.  I'd think low to mid 50s and even that will take a while to find a buyer.

I'm interested in your car..... I can't afford it but I'm interested!   :rofl:   :pokeeye:
Keep yer foot in it

JH27N0B

You aren't the only one!  Lots of people have told me they'd buy it, if they had the money!
I'd be interested in keeping it indefinitely myself, if I had a 4 car garage instead of a 3.  :D

71383bee

Wow!  That is a really cool car!  I love the whole combo. I agree though for that price the engine bay and interior need to be up to speed.   

The engine bay is the larger issue. Spray bomb black and originality are all gone. I hope he has the parts to get it back to where it was but even so I can't see this car topping the 50's.

Real nice ride though!  4 speed 340 in RT/SE trim in my favorite color with performance axle package!  Very cool! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

RUNCHARGER

It's okay. I'll take a six pack please. Too much aftermarket stuff on it too.
Sheldon

6bblgt

it was in the "car corral" at MATS 2019 for $38K

:takealook:  where are the R/T quarter scoops?

6bblgt

& that "repaint" isn't GK6, so it is also color changed  :rubeyes:  compare exterior with the original paint on the bottom of the decklid

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Skdmark

This car is for sale on forebodiesonly along with some very nice stablemates that are also for sale.
If I remember correctly this car was purchased by the grandfather of the current owner.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on November 16, 2020, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on November 16, 2020, 12:13:03 PM

That's a good question :huh:

I would bet that due to the car having rocker moldings the quarter scoops get deleted.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Do you mean body side moldings ? I've never heard of rocker moldings deleting the side scoops ? Interesting :thinking:

autoxcuda

Quote from: Skdmark on November 16, 2020, 04:24:25 PM
Quote from: anlauto on November 16, 2020, 01:16:51 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on November 16, 2020, 12:13:03 PM

That's a good question :huh:

I would bet that due to the car having rocker moldings the quarter scoops get deleted.

No

Rocker panel molding never deleted 1/4 scoops. Nothing deleted 1/4 scoops on a 71 R/T. It would be like deleting fender gills on a 71 Cuda... didn't happen.

My 71 has rocker panel and it original scoops. But lots of others.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...