Main Menu

1971 Challenger 340 4-Speed All Numbers Matching Original

Started by MasonDaniel7, November 15, 2020, 11:19:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I believe V5* body side moldings delete the side scoops. @6bblgt  Dan ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

My 71 R/T had the side moldings and the scoops, way back in 77 but it had already been painted. I removed them and I remember the clips tearing a pair of jeans up when walking by the rust bucket.
Sheldon

mccannix

Rocker panel molding never deleted 1/4 scoops. Nothing deleted 1/4 scoops on a 71 R/T. It would be like deleting fender gills on a 71 Cuda... didn't happen.
:iagree:

Skdmark

Quote from: mccannix on November 16, 2020, 07:31:33 PM

Rocker panel molding never deleted 1/4 scoops. Nothing deleted 1/4 scoops on a 71 R/T. It would be like deleting fender gills on a 71 Cuda... didn't happen.
:iagree:

Was just a theory. Did some searching around and found some pics of 71 R/T's with rocker moldings.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

6bblgt

Quote from: Skdmark on November 16, 2020, 03:38:52 PM
This car is for sale on forebodiesonly along with some very nice stablemates that are also for sale.
If I remember correctly this car was purchased by the grandfather of the current owner.

in my understanding of this GK6 R/T - that would be BS

the current "seller" Randy "usacycles" has had 30+ cars for sale on eBay over the past ~10 years, many survivor type B & E-bodies including the '70 MANNIX 'cuda & a hurricane Sandy '68 HEMI Charger R/T 

RzeroB

Quote from: mopartaz on November 16, 2020, 05:58:37 AM
80 g's for a 340 car?  :dunno:

It's the M28 Wide Grill Molding ... that center piece on the hood is 2 G's on it's own!!  :Thud:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Skdmark

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 16, 2020, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Skdmark on November 16, 2020, 03:38:52 PM
This car is for sale on forebodiesonly along with some very nice stablemates that are also for sale.
If I remember correctly this car was purchased by the grandfather of the current owner.

in my understanding of this GK6 R/T - that would be BS

the current "seller" Randy "usacycles" has had 30+ cars for sale on eBay over the past ~10 years, many survivor type B & E-bodies including the '70 MANNIX 'cuda & a hurricane Sandy '68 HEMI Charger R/T

I found the for sale ad on forebodiesonly. In the ad he says "It was Grandpa's car he ordered it  new..."
Based on the sales activity you have presented it was someone else's grandfather seeing how he didn't say "My grandfather.."
:bigthumb:

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

71383bee

Quote from: 6bblgt on November 16, 2020, 12:20:16 PM
& that "repaint" isn't GK6, so it is also color changed  :rubeyes:  compare exterior with the original paint on the bottom of the decklid
Good catch on the repaint. It does look a little off for K6.

I still love the combo though!  K6 340 4 speed RT/SE! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

anlauto

Technically it's not an RT/SE only a RT with the formal roof package  ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration