Main Menu

1971 Challenger R/T 383 Automatic-Plum Crazy-Black Stripes-Black Graveyard Carz

Started by MasonDaniel7, July 20, 2021, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MasonDaniel7

anlauto

Some of the stuff they do I find very odd. Okay, so their customer bails (likely ran out of money) so I get putting the car somewhat back together so all the parts are in one place....but what I don't understand, is why are the jambs and floors painted if the "mud work" :drunk:  and body work hasn't even been started yet ? who paid to reassemble the car in order to sell it ? That seems like a huge waste of time if everything has to come apart again :notsure:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GrandpaKevin

That's about the 5th round on E-bay for that car.

I'm curious as to what happened to the purple R/T hood in the first pics, in the later primer pics the hood has the DODGE letters on
it :notsure:

anlauto

Good catch on the hood swap :rubeyes: ...They likely stole the good parts off of it for someone else's car... :crazytalk:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

GrandpaKevin

anlauto

Someone should question them on this quote from the ad:
"Original Hood, Fenders, Front Valance, Doors, Roof, Dutchman, Quarters panels, Main Floor, Under Seat Pan, Right and Left Footwells, Trunk Floor, Trunk Floor Extensions, Rear Body Panel, Frame Rails-Front and Rear, Trunk Lid, Front Inner Fenders, Firewall, Core Support."

Their answer will likely be that the factory messed up by not putting the letters on so they corrected it....not knowing that 71's don't have the letters  :haha: