Main Menu

1971 Cuda project

Started by anlauto, July 01, 2020, 12:53:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Ben, @benlavigne  do you know this car ?  1971 340 4 speed  :drooling:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1509671291
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

@anlauto Nope, bbut I'll investigate!

Ben

anlauto

curious to know the details  :popcorn:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

benlavigne

It sold quickly, saw a post from the transport company that picked it up, seems it was closer to me than the ad said, I should have gone to see it! I had not noticed the 72-up front markers...
Post says ''It will be restored back to it's original Green and Black''

Ben

anlauto

I thought it was priced pretty high, but I guess not....71's are HOT !

Shoooter

Wow i thought that was priced way too high. Scary to think about projects bringing that price. Looks like my collection will end at one!

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: I'm done unless there's another crash which could happen I suppose. Especially living in Canada, it just doesn't make any sense to do project cars anymore. Up here you can spend $15k on new metal, $10k on bodyshop supplies without even trying.
Sheldon

Shoooter

I agree sheldon,  72+ are selling for 10k+ with major metal work needed. I guess it's good for me since I own a 71, but I dont plan on selling it so it just brings up the prices of parts i need

benlavigne

You also need to take into account that the pool of restorable cars here is not very deep... and this one pushes a lot of good buttons, BS23, 340, 4-speed, FJ6, Rallye dash,has a broadcast sheet, looks like original VIN tag and cowl numbers... and it's a running and driving car, supposedly matching numbers, too! So it's worth paying an extra 5-10K to have it right here right now, and remember that would be the same as paying about 17K US$ and having to bring it back...
More pics:

Ben

JS29

Look a little closer, Two speed wiper motor.  :foul:

anlauto

Quote from: JS29 on July 04, 2020, 07:12:10 AM
Look a little closer, Two speed wiper motor.  :foul:

Good eye, obvious the wiper motor was changed out at one time....I guess the new owner will need to hunt down an '077 motor  :tool:  not that big of a deal. :alan2cents:

E74cuda

I came up with about 20k US. If everything holds true, it seems like a good price for a 71 340 4spd cuda with a great color combo and documentation. They are very hard to find. I'm sure it will need a good amount of metal work but if the new owner can get some of the work done himself he could be into it for what it's  worth when finished.

anlauto

Quote from: E74cuda on July 04, 2020, 07:47:24 AM
I came up with about 20k US. If everything holds true, it seems like a good price for a 71 340 4spd cuda with a great color combo and documentation. They are very hard to find. I'm sure it will need a good amount of metal work but if the new owner can get some of the work done himself he could be into it for what it's  worth when finished.

I agree, great colour, numbers matching, fender tag, broadcast sheet and a four speed....it seems to be a decent price, specially for you American folk...

I guess you were right @YYZ  :twothumbsup: