Main Menu

6 pack base plate and two six pack carbs

Started by cuda hunter, April 18, 2020, 07:31:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1495928186

Left over from recent build, all parts are pickup only!!!Trans cross member $100. Wiper Arm $150, 6 pak base plate $300, 70 taillight bezel $100.4 speed shifter and stick $350, heater duct $30..., 4 speed pedals $300 (71 front Cuda front signal light $300. Call for more info (416-454-2138)

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1495427279

70 340 Six Pack carburetor Front 4789 and Rear 4790 Holley carbs. Missing parts as pictured, have other 71 and 70 Cuda parts. $200 each

Same guy has both these ads up.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Prices are also in CDN funds, Owner is a member here as well :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Does the member have his stuff posted up on the for sale section here?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on April 18, 2020, 07:51:52 PM
Does the member have his stuff posted up on the for sale section here?

No, I don't think so.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Car-nutt

I m the owner of the parts, I was not sure how to post parts for sale on the site. If anyone has questions call me directly. 416-454-2138 Larry

Fastmark

Well, I tried to buy the carbs but he won't return my calls. I guess he cant ship them. I did not see anywhere in the listing for the carbs that stated would only accept a local buyer.

Car-nutt

Sorry about that, I should have called you back. It's been a crazy week at work and home. I have had some bad experiences with shipping in the past where I was "out of pocket" for a lot more than what the part is worth. I would rather sell a part in person, rather than go threw the pain of dealing with shipping companies. This week I spent 4 days with UPS trying to sort out a parcel pick-up. Someone purchased a part from me and arranged it to be pick-up and that when the nightmare started.   

anlauto

I spoke with the owner of these parts just the other day on the phone....He was telling me of a guy that called, tried to low ball him on the price knocking it down by $100 and wanted him to ship them for free  :drunk:

I'm not saying that was you, but IF it was it's certainly a reason to blow you off :alan2cents:

I deal with ALL sorts of KiJiJidiots  when selling stuff on KiJiJi....People contact you with insulting offers, or think the parts are mint.
It's not the hassle of going to the Post Office that stops ME from wanting to ship stuff.....It's the guy on the other end that complains about the cost of shipping, then complains the part is not the right part, or is a pile of junk, etc...etc...
I prefer a buyer to look at the part, handle it with his own hands..THEN pay is cash...

Fastmark

Well. It wasn't me that tried the lowball approach. I think they are priced accordingly for the conditions. I offered the current US conversion and it's about what you said in another post. I was willing to pay the shipping as well. Larry just never responded back.  I understand the not wanting to deal with people but I have pretty good luck with people on the boards. I did not mean to call Larry out on the board, just stating a fact. I still want to buy them and pay for the shipping. Just not certain  how to go about the exchange rate deal. I all can do is offer to send a us postal MO in US dollars and trust I get my parts. I think the risk is more on my end than his. I probably would not do that if he was not a board member. My offer still stands.

Car-nutt

Allan was right about people that receive parts and then complain about them. Fastmark did call me, he was very nice and there is a high level of comfort (he did not lowball me!!).. Its just dealing with the shippers. This week I have been dealing with UPS about 3 hours a day on a part that was to be pick-up and paid for. I was more concern about getting the part out because it was paid for and I didn't want the person paying for the part to be disappointed. 

Fastmark

Your correct about receiving parts and sometimes they are not what you expect. That's why I asked for the particular pictures from you. I'm satisfied with the ones you sent and will get no complaints from me. For the price, they are parts carbs. That's what I expect. Let me know, I'm in no hurry. Mark