Main Menu

1971 Plymouth Cuda 340 Curious Yellow NUMBERS MATCHING

Started by MasonDaniel7, April 22, 2020, 12:30:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

anlauto

I don't have a problem with the condition or the price, the major factor holding it back is the lack of documentation. No fender tags, No broadcast is the major killers.

Things like the claim it's an "8 track" car....is he only saying this because of the bezel piece left in the dash, which is the same for all radio options ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

Than by all means, by it. If the car was delivered as a gift, and most of the work was performed by the recipient, then the cost might not exceed the value.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Without the documentation I mentioned, even if the car was free, with $10K in the trunk, the cost of the restoration would far exceed the resale value of the car :alan2cents: and that's likely why it will never get the proper restoration it deserves :bye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cudino

Quote from: anlauto on April 22, 2020, 07:38:30 AM
I don't have a problem with the condition or the price, the major factor holding it back is the lack of documentation. No fender tags, No broadcast is the major killers.

Things like the claim it's an "8 track" car....is he only saying this because of the bezel piece left in the dash, which is the same for all radio options ?
Alan, I completely agree with both you and JS29.  Plus, there's also the small issue that 8-Tracks weren't even available in 1971.

- Wade

anlauto

:rofl: Yea that's a good point too Wade.....never thought of that :worship:

JS29

kathyscuda

im goin to be nice.
WHAT A PILE OF OVERPRICED SHITBOX.

71vert340

If I could buy that car for $5k or less, I'd just fix it up mechanically to make it reliable, patch the holes, put the body and interior all back together and drive it with that patina. What a fun conversation piece.
Terry