Main Menu

1973 Plymouth Barracuda On Ebay

Started by MasonDaniel7, June 04, 2018, 02:06:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

nsmall

Based on the owner's description of the car looks like he doesn't want to sell it so my guess is his reserve is pretty high.

It looks like a nice driver but if he's asking 30k I don't think it's going to happen.

RUNCHARGER

I agree, I like it and it will sell if reasonable.
Sheldon

DodgeGuy

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys feel is "reasonable" for that?

The reason I ask, is because I've always wondered if I paid too much for my '74 Challenger.

I paid basically $20,000 for mine (it was actually $21,000, but I purchased a set of new Magnum 500 rims that you see on my car off the seller, which had 4 brand new tires.  The car originally had the Chrysler Rallye rims, which were nice, but were nowhere near as nice as the Chrysler Magnum 500 rims.  He easily had $1000 in the rims and tires, so I just gave him an addtional $1000 for them).

In any event, my Challenger probably isn't in quite as good as condition as that 'Cuda, but it's pretty close.

I always felt I got a good deal at $20,000. 

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye
360 4Barrel HP
Factory 4-Speed

RUNCHARGER

Without looking at it in person I am guessing $25kish would be the break point. Under would be a pretty good buy, over would be not as good of a buy. That's only a guess though on my part. It isn't fresh paint and all that however it does look to be in nice shape and appears to have it's original parts and some documentation. It looks like a car you could drive for years without doing anything other than maintenance. It's a good colour too and the manual trans helps I think.
If I'm wrong I think I would be too low rather than too high.
Sheldon

7212Mopar

340 Cuda would have four speed vs 3 speed and rallye instruments instead of standard? Or was this a 318 car that got a 340 in it?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on June 04, 2018, 12:36:00 PM
340 Cuda would have four speed vs 3 speed and rallye instruments instead of standard? Or was this a 318 car that got a 340 in it?

A 340 Cuda would have come standard with a 3spd manual transmission. The 4spd or the 727 Auto were extra cost options.
On all 1970-74 Cudas/Barracudas the rally gauges were always an extra cost option and never came standard.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

nsmall

I think I remember you sharing your car with this forum.  Based on what little I can see in your profile pic you didnt overpay.

When I am driving my car I dont think about money for one second.  As long as its not full of rust, you did fine.  Post more pics if you want better opinions. 

kathyscuda

its at 27.600
res not met
and its a 3 speed   
woah
tell the friends to slow down on there bidding

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: It will stall just south of the res on this initial auction no doubt. More auctions to come of course.
Sheldon