Main Menu

70 Challenger T/A 4 Speed, Panther Pink! Sold?

Started by challengermaniac, September 02, 2020, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

challengermaniac

Hard to believe this was a legitimate listing given the seller only had 22 ebay feedback and none of it recent.   
What an amazing paint and finish on this car......... great for picture collectors.  Wonder who actually owns this car today, although unfortunate they likely can't even drive it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/402402221102?ViewItem=&item=402402221102
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

xx88man

Wait did this actually sell on EBay? And why couldn't the current owner drive it?   :notsure:
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

They can't drive it because they installed the front sway bar upside down....right Dan ?  :haha: :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: xx88man on September 03, 2020, 05:05:43 AM
Wait did this actually sell on EBay? And why couldn't the current owner drive it?   :notsure:

I think he was saying it was too nice to actually drive now.

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

According to the ad , the restoration was $150K ! Last time I checked , " J" code cars weren't  all that rare ....

Hope the previous owner got his money out of it. : )

DeathProofCuda

The original ad has the seller's phone number and says that he has a Sassy Grass automatic car also for sale if anyone is interested.

JH27N0B

Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on September 03, 2020, 07:36:01 AM
According to the ad , the restoration was $150K ! Last time I checked , " J" code cars weren't  all that rare ....

He was correct about the FM3 T/A going for big bucks recently.  I was at the Mecum Indy auction in May '18 when one went for nearly 200K.  It was an over restored car, and might even have been an automatic.  I was shocked someone paid that much for it.  This ebay one looks nicer.

RzeroB

Quote from: challengermaniac on September 02, 2020, 08:37:33 PM
Hard to believe this was a legitimate listing given the seller only had 22 ebay feedback and none of it recent.   
What an amazing paint and finish on this car......... great for picture collectors.  Wonder who actually owns this car today, although unfortunate they likely can't even drive it!

That guy with only 22 ebay feedbacks I'm sure is none other than Bob "Big Bob" Bartosiewicz, communications magnate, muscle car collector and owner of "RAM" Rochester Auto Museum"
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

TA/Z06/GSXR1100

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 03, 2020, 09:50:59 AM
Quote from: TA/Z06/GSXR1100 on September 03, 2020, 07:36:01 AM

He was correct about the FM3 T/A going for big bucks recently.  I was at the Mecum Indy auction in May '18 when one went for nearly 200K.  It was an over restored car, and might even have been an automatic.  I was shocked someone paid that much for it.  This ebay one looks nicer.

$200K for a pink small block?  WoW! Strange days....