Main Menu

71 bh for sale AGAIN

Started by cuda hunter, May 11, 2018, 07:53:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1971-plymouth-barracuda-all/6585302570.html

1971 Plymouth Barracuda all numbers matching AC car. Complete. - $13500 (North)

Approximately thirty five years ago, this 71 Barracuda was parked away on an old farm in Kansas, never to be touched again until now. Fast forward to today and this is how we found her. This is a complete & all original numbers matching 1971 Barracuda! It is a true survivor car that has never been through any kind of restoration. The only hands that have been on it was by the Marsupial who decided to call the engine bay of this Barracuda, home. Fortunately it did not dive in to the wiring but it did build a pretty good size nest out of hay within the engine bay (see photos below). I do have a clear title.

816-535-0017

mzxvk-6585302570@sale.craigslist.org
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

" It is a true survivor car " :rofl: It would have had to survive for that to be true...

Cuda_mark

I don't know...I'm a little skeptical that it's never been through any kind of restoration. I mean, just look at it.

anlauto

Imagine having something like that in your yard for years thinking it's worth nothing, and now you'll likely get $10,000.00 for it......sort of like winning the lotto.... :banana:

Unfortunately the farmer who looked at it for all those years likely sold it to the flipper for $500.... :bye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

PLUM72

Quote from: anlauto on May 11, 2018, 09:02:00 AM
Imagine having something like that in your yard for years thinking it's worth nothing, and now you'll likely get $10,000.00 for it......sort of like winning the lotto.... :banana:

Unfortunately the farmer who looked at it for all those years likely sold it to the flipper for $500.... :bye:
$10K for a G code 71 Barracuda in that condition?  Wow!  I was thinking you were not far off the $500 assumption.  That car is so rusty it needs everything!  You'd sink more money into that that is worth.
-Dave
'72 Challenger
'13 Challenger

anlauto

It's not me that would pay that, but I would guess it will fetch between $5K -$10K at least...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Beautiful. Too bad I'll have to pass.
Sheldon

nsmall

Sheldon are you not wearing your glasses today?  Theres a small farm in that there engine bay of some sorts.

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha, no I seen it and everything else. Pretty easy not to like something like that.
Sheldon

Fastmark

Wow. Makes the 70 I sold for 4 grand look like a one owner cream puff. I have one more left to sell.  Maybe I need to call this guy and sell him a parts car for 10 grand to fix his. Adds like this make mine easy to sell though. I've sold three last month, all for less than this one in far better shape.

RUNCHARGER

Yes: I know the cars are popular however there is still a limited market for them so the good ones will sell and ones like this one can sell too but only at a realistic price.
Sheldon

anlauto

There's a big difference between 70 and 71, even where rust buckets are concerned  :alan2cents:

Cuda70-74

The vin worth a few grand plus the parts u can sell.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Fastmark

Quote from: anlauto on May 13, 2018, 08:17:14 AM
There's a big difference between 70 and 71, even where rust buckets are concerned  :alan2cents:
I agree but this one is just a 318 car. Most that buy a 318 car will clone it to something else. All three that I have sold were 318 cars and all the new owners were going to clone them into something else. Me personally, I don't like the 71 looks. They did not sell that good new compared to the 70.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Fastmark on May 13, 2018, 09:55:49 AM
Quote from: anlauto on May 13, 2018, 08:17:14 AM
I agree but this one is just a 318 car. Most that buy a 318 car will clone it to something else. All three that I have sold were 318 cars and all the new owners were going to clone them into something else. Me personally, I don't like the 71 looks. They did not sell that good new compared to the 70.

I agree that the 318 is a great car to do whatever you want with, and the '71 is too gaudy with the billboard, gills and too busy of a grille IMO. I'll take a '70 over a '71 everyday.