Main Menu

71 Cuda vert guys...probably a good deal?

Started by GrandpaKevin, October 12, 2020, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YYZ

Is it a screaming deal or great value?  Probably not.

But as @anlauto and others have pointed out, it's pretty complete, unmolested, and allegedly #s matching.

In this day and age, if something needs rust repair it almost doesn't matter the extent. 

The new owner could also build the car as they see fit.  BS27H, #s matching, and change up the colour.  There's at least one '71 Mopar out there that was painted J6 instead of K6 because of misreading a paint code.

The highest sale price for a '71 E-body 340 convertible was for a Challenger, and at over $300K, so one never knows what the end value will be.

6bblgt

Quote from: YYZ on October 14, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
..... The highest sale price for a '71 E-body 340 convertible was for a Challenger, and at over $300K, so one never knows what the end value will be.

rumor has it ..... it was bid to over $300K but was never paid for ..... bidder was high bidder on 9 cars at that auction & only paid for 2 of them  :dunno:

YYZ

Quote from: 6bblgt on October 14, 2020, 11:51:46 AM
Quote from: YYZ on October 14, 2020, 11:28:13 AM
..... The highest sale price for a '71 E-body 340 convertible was for a Challenger, and at over $300K, so one never knows what the end value will be.

rumor has it ..... it was bid to over $300K but was never paid for ..... bidder was high bidder on 9 cars at that auction & only paid for 2 of them  :dunno:

Interesting — any more details? 

In favour of the Chally it was also #s matching, with the bonus of being an original 4-speed car in a great colour combo.

6bblgt

Alan posted in another thread that he heard the car wasn't paid for,
I mentioned it to another party & they mentioned the 7 of 9 unpaid for part,  also from another bidder one of the  :bigmoney: HEMI cars didn't get paid for & threats of possible lawsuits  :o

if you are not on one end of a transaction - buying or selling - the truth of "price paid" is not always what is reported  :takemymoney:

Cudabob71

Hi I am the owner of the car. I stated in ad needs a restoration as it is an original car. I tell everyone look at the car not Email me. Two bolts Frank and a few others looked at the car and said floor pans and frame rails were good. Yes it has lower rust on the  sheet metal the car is 50 years old. If any of you have put a car 4 sale you would know the endless questions and phone calls of people who are not in the market to buy a car, have no money or want to trade. I am selling a 1971 cuda Conv matching # car. if you are serious Call me 631 4221592 car is in West Islip NY 11795

anlauto

Welcome to the best E Body website in the World Bob...obviously you know what you have and I wish you the best of luck with your sale. I think $50K is a steal. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cudabob71

RzeroB

Quote from: 71cudaddict on October 14, 2020, 07:38:47 AM
The tawny brown one on eBay was sold 2 years ago for 74k much nicer cars out there flipper has buy now 104k .

Yeah, that was a nice car ... and I thought a heck of a deal. Wasn't far from me. Was for sale for a while ... originally I think he was asking mid-80's for it?? I was scheming up ways to get that car ... but I kept coming up short. Way out of reach now. Snooze you loose. 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)