Main Menu

'74 Chally 360 4spd / WA State

Started by ec_co, April 07, 2017, 11:08:44 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

looks like a really nice driver. has the upgraded 360 and who doesn't love a 4spd. $22k seems reasonable

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6072983181.html

1974 Challenger, B-5 Blue, numbers matching 360 4 barrel and 4 speed transmission with the pistol grip shifter.
Factory A/C and Rally Package (increases value 10% and 15% respectively on the bluebook).

Good condition. Always starts up, plenty of power. Chirps the tires all day, spins em on wet pavement if you're not easy with the clutch. Beautiful car, I get compliments every time I take her out.

I've owned this car since 2010 and I've put around 5,000 miles on it in that time. Last couple of years I drive a couple hundred miles during the summer but that's it. Always been stored with a car cover and under a covered roof, never left out in the rain.

The good:

Like I mentioned, it's a numbers matching 360. Numbers matching Challengers of any year are becoming harder and harder to find. This is not a "tribute car". The car has gone up in value about $4,000 just in the time I've owned it. Current average retail value according to NADA is $30,880. Strong runner, interior has been redone but redone correctly. Nothing on this car is out of place or mismatched except for the rear bumper which is from a '72, before the 5mph bumpers. Besides that it's original as possible on all the big things. Rear window defroster was installed by previous owner, I took it out but I still have it. I installed a Kenwood single DIN CD player and Infinity Reference speakers. Also wired for an amp (8 gauge wiring). I do not have the original radio, it did not come with the car when I bought it. Mileage unknown, odometer shows about 67,000. I think it's on its second go around, so probably 167,000.

The bad:

Little things here and there like you'd expect. This is not a show car, it's a nice driver. Dash light brightness knob is finicky. Parking brake light doesn't go off, that just started happening. Passengers side door handle is sticky. Rear windows I just don't roll down because they're sticky too. Nothing mechanical is wrong that I'm aware of, it's just small interior stuff. Paint is not perfect. Two dings that I can think of, the largest is smaller than your pinky nail but it's there. I took pictures of the flaws so they aren't a surprise. Paint bubbling lightly on the rear quarter panels, right where you'd typically see it. Rear bumper has a ding a bit larger than a quarter, but chrome is not flaking.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm not in a hurry to sell, and the car is in storage on Vashon Island. Planning to go get it anyways and start driving it here soon, but I will only show to serious buyers.

Not interested in ANY trades, except for possibly a Viper. Too many toys, not enough room.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

I've always liked those stripes.   :banana:

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 09, 2017, 08:04:45 AM
I've always liked those stripes.   :banana:

:iagree:  These were father - son cars at a show a couple years ago.

RUNCHARGER

Neat car: I have a soft spot for 4 speed, L-codes.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 09, 2017, 05:02:42 PM
Hey Laura save any more $$ yet ?

We're working on it. Really not going to focus on it until after the Duster is done. And....this time around I want a Cuda!
Rev-It-Up