Main Menu

Anybody like 1971 Chargers ?

Started by anlauto, January 29, 2020, 06:47:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I like them both but the Charger is sleeker and looked better in NASCAR form.
Sheldon

gygeneral

Like Allan said, there is not a big market for these cars, ask me how I know  :crying:

Cuda70-74

Quote from: gygeneral on January 30, 2020, 01:25:44 PM
Like Allan said, there is not a big market for these cars, ask me how I know  :crying:
guessing you tried to resell one.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

dodj

I dunno...Those two pics show how much better the rr is.. :dunno:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

gygeneral

Quote from: Cuda70-74 on January 30, 2020, 01:27:43 PM

Oh yes.....I have a RR, V code, Hemi Orange, 4 spd, track pak car, numbers match car, restored to original specs,  I was down to 65k USD and no calls.....go figure. Just took it off the market, guess I'm keeping it for awhile yet.

Brads70

Quote from: dodj on January 30, 2020, 01:30:42 PM
I dunno...Those two pics show how much better the rr is.. :dunno:

Both are cool cars but I'd have to admit I agree with you in that the RR is a nicer looking car IMO.
I'm kinda torn though, I like the front end better of the RR but like the back end of the Charger better than the RR  :looney:

JS29

Cuda70-74

Quote from: gygeneral on January 30, 2020, 01:40:10 PM

Oh yes.....I have a RR, V code, Hemi Orange, 4 spd, track pak car, numbers match car, restored to original specs,  I was down to 65k USD and no calls.....go figure. Just took it off the market, guess I'm keeping it for awhile yet.
That sucks. Mine always enjoy it
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

Chryco Psycho

I almost parted my 71 Charger out , the parts were worth far more than the rust free driving fully restored car was

FC7 cuda

cuda hunter

Quote from: gygeneral on January 30, 2020, 01:40:10 PM

Do you have more into it than 65K to restore it?  Sounds like an awesome car!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

torredcuda

Quote from: 71383bee on January 30, 2020, 06:49:25 AM
Wow! that's a sweet 71 if done!

They are finally getting some respect in the world.  I've owned several and they seriously are some of the best cars i've had.  They handle wonderfully and look great in my opinion.   Agree that 71/72's are the best for the 3rd gens.  The 72's get a knock for the square marker lights but the rallye package really accented the car well and is more rare than an R/T or a Super Bee.  The 71's had ALL of the options though.  Lots a of really cool and rare combos came out of that year.   This car is cool with the green interior on top of the sublime exterior.  Only thing missing IMHO is the 4 speed.

I really love the `72-3 Rallye.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

gygeneral

[/quote]

Do you have more into it than 65K to restore it?  Sounds like an awesome car!
[/quote]

Oh I think you can answer that by looking at the car, that's ok I view this as a hobby and all hobbies cost $

RUNCHARGER

That car is beautiful and well worth the $$$.
Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration