Main Menu

Barracuda Gran Coupe convertible - Guelph, ON

Started by Jay Bee, September 17, 2019, 05:02:31 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Jay Bee

Before posting I did a search and couldn't find any mention of this (maybe I missed it). Price is a bit optimistic - ya think.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/guelph/1970-plymouth-barracuda/1459541730?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

anlauto

This car is originally from my hometown of Burlington ON. It was once owned by my former girlfriend's brother. The original long "Cuda" belt moldings ended up on my Cuda convertible because Paul needed some money at the time.  :looney:  He sold this car to the current owner for $4500 likely 25 years ago.

The current owner restored it, again using all original parts, so in my opinion it's a decent driver, but could use a proper restoration.

All those that viewed it at Moparfest last month agreed it's worth about half of his asking price. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7E-Bodies

Wow. Nice car, but 130k?  The Brady Bunch would have to still be sitting in it to be worth half that. IMO.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

RUNCHARGER

Nice car, $95 may be a bit of a stretch but you have to start somewhere I guess.
Sheldon

anlauto

Yea...$129K is Canadian funds, so roughly $95K-$100K USD....When you say it that way...it still sounds high for a driver quality 1970 Barracuda convertible. I think it would likely sell more in the $50K USD range.....maybe... :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

bcbassfishing

Not to slag this ride in any way but realisticly If a guy had $100K burning a hole in his pocket to purchase a ride I don't think this would be high on the list???  or am I missing something with the program. 

Personally I look at what "could" I get for $100K??