Main Menu

BAT Auction: 1970 Plymouth Barracuda - BH23G0B236138 - V02 Fender Tag Code

Started by Smallblock340, January 19, 2022, 04:56:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

No one noticed the wrong location for the rear Cuda emblem.

Oh well with that interior only a mother could love.... :Thud:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: anlauto on January 20, 2022, 05:35:41 AM
Quote from: MoparCarGuy on January 19, 2022, 08:43:50 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on January 19, 2022, 08:38:15 PM
Quote from: 6bblgt on January 19, 2022, 06:48:17 PM
the stripe around the V5? protective body-side moulding on a '70 Barracuda is a decal  :takealook:

Oh great!  Now I have new part numbers I have to look up and then find actual stickers. 
These must be impossible to find.  The moldings themselves are near impossible, much less the decal.

No problem. Contact Performance Car Graphics. They have the V5x stripes in all the colors, reflective and non-reflective plus custom colors of your choice.
http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Stripes_Lettering/Barracuda/70_Mid_Pinstripe.htm

.......except they no longer exist since David died :andyangel: They were bought up by Mike Mancini at Instrument Specialties....try them there.

Yes, I saw that PCG was connected to Mike Mancini on the main PCG webpage. http://www.performancecargraphics.com/index.html
Dave will be missed as a top-tier Mopar vendor but the legacy lives on!

MoparCarGuy

Quote from: HP_Cuda on January 20, 2022, 10:55:27 AM

No one noticed the wrong location for the rear Cuda emblem.

Oh well with that interior only a mother could love.... :Thud:
Yes, a lot of odd things on this car and the interior is ghastly.
I guess it is hard to say what a buyer might consider to do with this car. Lots of options and most of them cost more $.

OPTIONS:
1. Drive it and show it as is and enjoy. No additional cost.
2. Make some minor corrections and improve the overall look with no real concern of originality. $$
3. Make some major corrections and attempt to please yourself and other Mopar fans. $$$
4. Start over and paint it the correct FE5 with EW1 two-tone, replace the interior, etc and have a rare two-tone to show. $$$$

Any of these works for a variety of buyers but you gotta be happy with what you bought no matter what you choose to do.
I think it is sad that they did not restore it with the factory red body and white painted top.

anlauto

It's just a 318 Barracuda, I would say #1 is your only smart choice....maybe #2 or Walmart seat covers at least :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MoparCarGuy

Yeah, but as of right now, it is a $39,000 318 Barracuda.  :bigmoney:

anlauto

Exactly my point, if it was a $9000 318 Barracuda then there's room to invest and improve, but at $39K....you're best just to drive and enjoy it :burnout:

MoparCarGuy

Either of these factory 70-71 offerings would look cool in this Cuda. I always thought the black with black/white hounds tooth inserts and orange welting looked radical for 1970.