Main Menu

Carb Air hook up at scoop doors

Started by Plange, October 03, 2020, 07:28:45 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Plange

Hi Everyone, new to forum. After a 40 year wait I finally picked up a 440 6pk Cuda non numbers matching. I grew up with a BB Cuda and Challenger so these are not totally new to me however I never had one with a shaker.
I am looking for info about where and how the carb air cable (which is already run and just laying on the intake) hooks to the air door assembly, and when you go to remove the Shaker is there a fast disconnect or is the cable supposed to be attached to the Shaker base in some way?
Thank you for your time, I did a search but could not find my exact issue.
Appreciate any help.
Paul

anlauto

There's two cables, one inside the bubble and one coming through the firewall. Unfortunately there's no real "quick disconnect", both are screwed to the base of the shaker at the lever system on the passenger side.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Plange

Ahhh, well that solves most of the problem, I only have the cable that goes through the firewall.
I bet I can't buy just the one, it probably comes as a kit.
Thanks for your help, hopefully sometime soon I can repay your sharing of knowledge.
Have a great day.

71vert340

Here's a couple of photos to help. First shows cable inside of shaker bubble connected to air doors. Second shows how the two cables connect at pivot on side of baseplate.
Terry

anlauto

Again....excellent pictures Terry :worship:

You can buy the cables separate no problem...Members here get a discount at Roseville Moparts, I would try them first.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Plange

Plange

I am finally getting around to hooking up the shaker cable and bell bracket. Does anyone have any pictures of the location the bell crank attaches to the shaker base? is it screwed in or riveted? I also need the cable lockdowns that go on the bell crank if anyone has any links to where I can find those or the correct name for them I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Paul

mccannix

The bellcrank doesn't attach to the baseplate....it attaches to the outer adapter ring.
It is not rivetted or screwed,  it is factory spotwelded, although you can use either method you mentioned to get it attached if you wish.
If you have an original adapter ring you will notice two divots on passenger side outer edge seen here pictured, and also location shown on this Fram print.
The bellcrank has two punched holes on top edge that line up with these divots under the adapter edge for attaching.
Regarding the cable lockdowns you are referring to, there is only one used on the top cable as seen in 71vert340's picture above and is in reality a heater cable clip, available in reproduction.

Plange

Exactly what I needed. Thank yo for everything. Now I understand the hows and whys of it and will proceed to set it up.
Thanks,
Paul