Main Menu

Cheap 74 Challenger project...

Started by anlauto, December 02, 2018, 03:54:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Looks like $7.5K-$8K USD.....can't find much in that price range any more...
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/kitchener-waterloo/1974-dodge-challenger/1397656102
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

jimynick

As the proud? owner of a 74 that looked a lot better than this thing when I started, I can guarantee you that the repairs will not stop at a new trunk floor! Look at the 1/4's! If we use Alan's figure of $20,000 for a paint job and then add another $10,000 for bodywork and God knows how much for sheet metal, mechanical and interior, we have a nice $50-60,000+ '74! Hell of a deal, eh?  :cheers:
PS. I live within 10-20 miles from where this is advertised, so if anybody here absolutely has to have it, I'll go and look it over for you.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

anlauto

Is there better cars in our area of Southern Ontario in the $10K CDN range ?  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

I would consider that a driver/beater.   Not a restore project. 

You can buy 74's every day for 30K done.   
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

js27

Not ever car has to be restored to showroom condition. A decent local body shop could probably do the body and paint for 5000.00. Granted not OE spec with flawless paint but hell it is not a 71 hemi cuda convertible. Somebody who can do body and paint repairs themselves and enjoy a nice driver car.
Just my 2 cents
JS27

anlauto

Change the hood and drive it as is, is what I was thinking

blown motor

You might want to put a few minor finishing touch on the interior.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto