Main Menu

decent price vert

Started by cuda hunter, December 12, 2018, 07:42:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kdcarman

Quote from: 71cudaddict on December 14, 2018, 07:25:04 PM
Had the floor pans replaced the owner told me and needs trunk floor no power top waiting for more  pictures here is the trunk floor

That trunk would scare the heck out of me, what is hidden by the nice shiny paint.  Ask me how I know?   :crying:

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on December 17, 2018, 08:57:11 AM
He wants 43K...
This one is 44K....  https://forum.e-bodies.org/cars-for-sale-or-wanted/8/chally-vert-purple-dollar44k/9475/msg131282#msg131282
Which one would you buy?

I prefer the Plymouth, so if I had to buy one, the choice is a no-brainer for me, although the Challenger looks to be in better condition. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

I agree that I would get the one with the least amount of rust and work for that much money. Let's face it. Several people have said this in the past and I have to agree that the e-bodies and b-bodies of the early 70s were POS when it came to paint ( or lack of it) and the resulting rust. In fact, all the cars of that era were. I've had 8 Challengers and have two 74 Chargers. My convertibles were the worst when it came to rust. My 70 R/T convertible was not rusted through but had surface rust everywhere and this was in 1977. The seam sealer joints are the worst. My 71 hardtop I have now required me to weld in a new rear window channel due to rust through. My 71 convertible had rust when I bought it in 1972. My 74 Rallye Charger I'm working on now had rust through in the battery area which I had to repair and it's a desert car. These cars were only meant to last a few (maybe 5)years. Remove the seam sealer in at least 75% of the cars which are still original metal and you'll find rust. Expect to pay top $ for a totally rust free car, and then you won't know unless you get permission to remove the seam sealer in the rust prone areas. Just my thoughts.
Terry