Main Menu

E-Body Heater Box on ebay

Started by Cuda Cody, January 29, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cataclysm80

$135 sounds like a good deal to me.  WAY cheaper than buying a new AMD firewall!
Make sure you have a qualified automotive body shop weld it in, and explain that you want it to look factory, like it came that way.
A construction worker could tack weld it on top of your existing firewall, but that's not what you want.

Making an AC firewall is difficult because of the lip around the opening.
Making a non-AC firewall is pretty easy.
Get a flat sheet of metal, same gauge thickness as the firewall.
Cut and weld it into place so that you have a flat smooth firewall.
Find someone with another disassembled non-AC firewall, and have them make a hole template for you with some posterboard.
Use the template to carefully cut out the holes in your firewall.
If you were doing all the welding yourself, it would be a little cheaper to make your own like this.
Since you're hiring someone else to do the work, it's probably cheaper to buy the $135 piece than it is to pay them for a bunch of hours to custom make a firewall.  It does depend on how much your welder charges per hour.

The only parts you need right now are the $135 firewall piece to weld in, and the non-AC heater box so that you can install it to keep the rain from coming in through the firewall holes.
You can worry about the other little parts later.  You could even install them after the car was together and driving again.

cataclysm80

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 29, 2017, 10:39:54 PM
And your old AC heater controls have good value.  Those are hard to find and I think you have a one year only (1970).  Look on ebay and see if you can recoup some money.

Yep, you can make some money by selling what you don't need.

The one year only 1970 AC control vent has rubber flap inside of it with a push/pull knob that can be used to close the vent.  They're worth more than others if it's in good working order.  If it's not in good working order, then it's worth about the same as the 71-74 pieces. 

That rear speaker fader might also add a little value if you're not going to use it.

It looks like your AC box is also an early version since it is assembled with screws instead of metal clips.  I don't think that affects the value of the box though.

HP_Cuda

Holy Moley!

All the parts that Cody mentioned I paid twice the amount to acquire them. Even that stupid J-hook wasn't being repopped when I bought mine and it took me 5 months to find it. Ughhhhh

:bricks:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

autoxcuda

Gosh,

I think I sold 3 under dash complete A/C E-body units at last Fall Fling in Van Nuys.... $50 each. Took me a while to get the last one sold at the show.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

nsmall

Im planning on bidding on this heater today and winning.

there are no bidders yet.  I like this one as I dont need some numbers correct perfect box.  Just something functional as I have nothing right now.

I am thinking my max bid will be $325.  Sound good?

It has a used working Chrysler blower. The heater core is new. There is no reserve.   I emailed the guy and found out those answers.

It is painted silver.  I probably cant afford to have it plated so my question is can I paint it black?  Is it supposed to be painted or plated black?  My car is a 73 Cuda.

Maybe Burdar the 72-74 grand master can chime in.  I tried to tag him, not sure if it worked.

Thanks

Cuda Cody

Good luck today!

Tagging...  use the "@"symbol follwed by the first 3 letters of the users name.  Then a drop down pops up and select the users name.  That will "tag" them and let them know they have been mentioned.   @Burdar

anlauto

I bought things from Greg before...never an issue...good guy. :alan2cents:

Why not use a sniper program to buy it on EBay....they work like a charm.... you can probably get a free trail on www.bidnip.com  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

That would help me sooo much.  Right now I set my alarm and then sit down 10 minutes before the auction.  Get a few windows open and get the bids ready.  Then watch the countdown and try to bid in the last 10 seconds.   :Thud:

HP_Cuda

Wow that is a nice looking one and temping since it's in my home state.

Up to $250 now...

Cuda Cody

@nsmall  might learn the hard way not to tell people about his ebay bids until after he wins!      :lurking:  :alan2cents: 

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 05, 2017, 09:57:06 AM

temping since it's in my home state.

autoxcuda

Quote from: anlauto on February 05, 2017, 08:53:24 AM
I bought things from Greg before...never an issue...good guy. :alan2cents:

Why not use a sniper program to buy it on EBay....they work like a charm.... you can probably get a free trail on www.bidnip.com  :dunno:

I'm pretty sure I sold Greg a non ac heater box at last Fall Fling. It had some damage and missing some little parts. Wonder if that's the one he used as a core. I sold it for under $70
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

HP_Cuda

Man I need to get down to Spring Fling this year!!!

Cuda Cody

This year?  EVERY YEAR!!!!!   :perfect10:   

I'll be there in the Fall, but have to miss the Spring.  The Spring Fling show landed on the same day as the Big 5 Day Portland Swap meet again this year.   :crying:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 05, 2017, 10:32:52 AM

HP_Cuda

Guess I can grab all the parts that Cody would have this year!!!

:rofl:

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 05, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
This year?  EVERY YEAR!!!!!   :perfect10:   

I'll be there in the Fall, but have to miss the Spring.  The Spring Fling show landed on the same day as the Big 5 Day Portland Swap meet again this year.   :crying:

Quote from: HP_Cuda on February 05, 2017, 10:32:52 AM

I looked through Gregs old auctions. Pretty positive I sold him that A/C under dash box for $50 that he cleaned up and sold for $199

Seem like almost every Spring/Fall Fling show or every other show there is that ONE SWAP SELLER that everyone talks about the scores and/or crazy rare parts. At last Fall Fling it was ME.

2015 Fall Fling a seller had a ton of big block Abody, rare dart, and NOS parts. Had a green Hemi 500 back at the house. Owner died....A pair of 440 Mcode manifolds sold for $300. Ron M from WA bought that and a "mound" of parts and filled the back of a ram pickup.

Spring Fling 2014 a guy had a stake bed full of E-body parts. Way rarer parts than i just had. There was a MOB of 50 people around that spot for hours. I got some stuff including a NOS ebody fuel sending unit for $40