FOR SALE Rebuilt Wide Mouth Calipers. Not Mine,,,

Started by 1 Wild R/T, June 12, 2020, 07:32:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 12, 2020, 07:41:47 AM
Only $250 each!

Around here it cost about $35-$50 to rebuild one, so are cores now in the $200 range each ?

Don't get me wrong....this is a really nice pair of calipers, but are they that hard to find now ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I know we aren't tripping on them anymore. Boy a master cylinder and calipers is as much as a set of Hemi carbs used to be.
Sheldon

xx88man

I think they are pretty hard to find. I just sold a core.... $150 shipped
Keep yer foot in it

1 Wild R/T

I've owned about 25 E bodies through the years, at least 20 are/were 70 model year.... In the last 30 years since I've been aware of the difference I haven't owned a single car including my T/A that had the wide mouth calipers on it when I bought it....

cudamadd

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

I just shipped a set to @7E-Bodies   Hopefully he can get them rebuilt and put them to good use.  I thought I had more sets, but that was my last set.  I've only maybe owned 3 sets of them the whole time I've been collecting parts. 

Katfish

At the highest level of judging cars, are rims removed?
Curious if you would/could tell difference on car from backside of rim?

JH27N0B

You wouldn't need to remove the wheels to check the calipers, one can crawl under the car with a flashlight and look for the casting number.  Or see that if the car is up on a lift.
Currently, most of the highest level judging at shows seems to be gone.  They would put cars in now discontinued OE gold judging at the Nate up on a lift, and they had some sort of OE judging at Carlisle which I don't think still is a thing there?
MCACN has an OE judging program where cars are put on a lift, but that's for survivor cars.  The judging teams in the 1000 point based Concours Gold judging there do go over everything they can see looking for correct original parts, including getting down on the floor and looking under the car with flashlights to inspect what they can, and one might or might not spot incorrect calipers doing that.
3 or 4 years ago when I was working on my T/A project, I advertised with a wanted ad for wide mouth caliper cores and almost immediately got 2 or 3 responses for cores with appropriate date codes, so they can't be that rare?
I had mine rebuilt by Brake and Equipment Warehouse.