Main Menu

Found this diamond in the rough.

Started by 71GranCoupe, April 12, 2017, 07:54:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Cuda Cody

The car actually looks pretty solid.  Not sure I would go as far to say "original quarters & drops have already been removed professionally".  But even as a good solid starting point, I think it's way over priced for a non performance Barracuda.  Good resto-mod project.   :alan2cents:

1 Wild R/T

Found this diamond in the rough.  Looks more like a lump of coal.... extra 0 maybe... Or perhaps a 9...

71GranCoupe

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 12, 2017, 08:06:20 PM
Found this diamond in the rough.  Looks more like a lump of coal.... extra 0 maybe... Or perhaps a 9...

:haha: :rofl: :haha:

I was giving it the benefit of the doubt, and taking the higher road. LOL

RUNCHARGER

Awesome! Anything of value has been picked clean. It is fairly solid looking but he's on drugs.
Sheldon

jimynick

Anybody who's ever gotten up close with these cars knows that upon close inspection, you'll find all kinds of misery and the 1/4's weren't cut off for funnsies, either. I agree that there's enough to start with, but it'd want to be going for $2-3000 max to make it anyways near worth your while IMHO.  :rolleyes:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1971Y13

That left front fender looks like challenger fender?
1971 'Cuda
1968 GTX

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: 1971Y13 on April 12, 2017, 11:54:33 PM
That left front fender looks like challenger fender?

Based on the stripe and side marker style, I'm going to say 73-74 barracuda fender. It could also be a 72 fender, but I thought the longitudinal stripe on the 72 was thinner?

That side stripe does kinda make it look like a challenger fender though, so I see what you are saying.
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

rhamson

There are good bones on the car but it is really over priced. Without looking up close and looking for frame damage I would estimate it at around $2,000-$2,500.

This is what I got for $9,000

Blake@diyhemi.com

Quote from: rhamson on April 13, 2017, 06:50:02 AM
There are good bones on the car but it is really over priced. Without looking up close and looking for frame damage I would estimate it at around $2,000-$2,500.

This is what I got for $9,000

Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:congrats:  Someone will have fun with it.   

jimynick

And, just out of idle curiosity, do you know what it went for? There have to be some truly desperate buyers out there, eh?  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"