Main Menu

Got a bargain on parts

Started by blown motor, May 08, 2017, 10:04:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Picked this up this morning for $75 Cdn all in. I don't need the stuff but at that price I couldn't pass it up. If I ever get front or rear damage I've got parts.
Only problem is the breakage on the bottom support of the grille. I'm open to tips on how to repair that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

dave73

I bought a spare grille for my 73 that had some damage. I dropped some abs plastic in a cup with acetone and it turned into a past. Using a soldering iron, I created a valley and filled the cracks with the paste. There was a chunk missing, kind of like yours that I cut a piece to kind of "tacked" it in place with the soldering iron. Then filled the areas with the abs paste. Sand, paint, can't tell it was repaired and holding pretty darn strong

Cudajason

good deal.

JB Weld seems to work on the plastic.

That is all I used to piece this back together.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cuda Cody

That's a GREAT deal!!!!   :bigmoney:

Street_Challenged73

One of the best products I have used for plastic repairs is this stuff called Plastifix by Urethane Supply Co (now Covance).

It's saved quite a few parts from being thrown out and the repair it makes is extremely strong if the instructions are followed. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro