Main Menu

1971 Hemi Cuda Project

Started by Crocha617, July 16, 2019, 04:03:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Any guesses as to how much it will go for ? :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: anlauto on July 16, 2019, 04:33:02 AM
Any guesses as to how much it will go for ? :thinking:

I really hope we find out but I'm guessing a deal will be made off of ebay and it will disappear before things get interesting.

mccannix

Lousy ad listing...where's the picture of the second tag he mentions is loaded, in fact where's the picture of the first one, ..and Hemi Fender tag ?
Where's the sheet or picture of, or is there one, no mention of that.
Where's the vin tag picture ..or partial picture of it
Scoop is molded to hood, rest of the shaker parts there ?
So many questions...so little time :drinkingbud:
I wouldn't be bidding until some of that info is revealed.

anlauto

The seller is likely teasing us with what he has, I doubt it's for sale at all....He would want to restore it himself I bet.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

6Pack70

It won't sell on Ebay.  It's being advertised there.  Reading the description,  he basically wants people to call him if you're serious about owning it.   Happens constantly on there.

E74cuda

I haven't talked to Julius lately about this car but it is something that he has been involved with for several years. If I remember correctly it has been in Saudi Arabia or that region since new. The original motor is in the hands of one of the previous owners (I think some Sheik) and he is not willing to give it up. No broadcast sheet. And he is handling the sale for the owner now that the car is in the States. It does have the original fender tags and is the real deal.

70chall440

Julius knows what it is and what it's worth, I suspect he figures only knowledgeable people will be able to appreciate the car. I agree the ad kind of sucks but he is trying to minimize the BS, unfortunately I think the ad as written is only going to draw more issues from people who think they can get it cheap (which isn't going to happen)
Mopar or no car!!!

318Stroker

The way that ad is written. the ad writer comes off as a condescending D-bag!

anlauto

Hey....well I didn't say it  :-X

floorit426

Quote from: 318Stroker on July 16, 2019, 01:18:38 PM
The way that ad is written. the ad writer comes off as a condescending D-bag!
:iagree:

70 Challenger Lover

I do not know this seller but I have heard of him more than once in the smaller So. Cal. car circles. Some good, some bad.

I have heard that he does produce nice restorations. I have also heard that on more than one car, he has performed VIN swaps and not informed the buyer. One guy I trust called him on this regarding a six pack car and he did not deny it.

Fortunately this car has not been restored so it shouldn't be that hard to detect that sort of thing in a thorough inspection. Much harder after a restoration.

RUNCHARGER

Meh; I wouldn't touch a 71 without the matching engine.
Sheldon

mike ketterer

MY GUESS. EGYPT EXPORT CAR. $750,000