Main Menu

Hemi for BS23R0B146416

Started by ec_co, July 30, 2017, 09:35:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

HP_Cuda

That's pretty lame to hold that Hemi hostage.

Karma is a b*tch though...
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RUNCHARGER

Well: It can be a two way street though. I have hooked up guys with their original engines for free. Then the owners had sold the car and engine almost immediately for profit. I just don't get involved anymore either way.
Sheldon

mccannix

I know what you mean Sheldon, you and I grew up in an era when helping out someone came without an asking price.
In the 90's I put Walt D in Jersey in touch with the original owner of the limelite Hemi Challenger convertible that Walt eventually bought.
I couldn't buy a meal or a room at Englishtown, the Nats or Carlisle for years after that and that was a perfect finders fee with me.

RUNCHARGER

You bet Terry: I love the cars and it's great to put them right but for some it's a different deal.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

HP_Cuda

I can see making some $$$$ of the deal but that is egregious.

Most hemi's run about 25k or thereabouts, he was holding this one hostage by the VIN.

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on July 31, 2017, 11:38:46 AM
Well: It can be a two way street though. I have hooked up guys with their original engines for free. Then the owners had sold the car and engine almost immediately for profit. I just don't get involved anymore either way.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200