Main Menu

I like this one on Mo#$5ts

Started by RUNCHARGER, June 07, 2017, 09:26:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

Found this on Moarts this morning for anyone looking.

Offering this one owner 1971 Barracuda Gran Coupe 383-2v 727 auto console car. 1 of 161 produced. One owner for the past 46 years. Includes original order form, documents and even dealer key ring when delivered new!
Factory manual drum brakes
Power steering
AC car- complete but not working
Original black console leather interior
Original Sherwood green metallic, repainted 16 years ago to black
Rust free car except for three VERY small spots
Perfect tinted glass all around
Doors, trunk, hood all close perfectly.
Car has not been messed with or taken apart.
383 original down to the air cleaner, points distributor, single exhaust. Runs perfectly with only 103k orig miles.
Original 14" Magnum 500 wheels and lug nuts
Runs and drives great since it was a daily car that was cherished for 46 years.
I really wanted to keep this car but it's too original and nice to modify to my taste. Best to go to a home that will keep it original for another 46 years.
Priced reasonably at $26k OBO
Email preferred: shaker340 at hawaii.rr.com
Shipping to west coast: ~$1000
Shipping to east coast$ ~$1900
Sheldon

Rev-It-Up

Did they provide pics? If so, can you post the link?
Rev-It-Up

anlauto

Nice car :drooling: better hurry on that one. :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yup: I'm tempted and I'm not even a 71 Cuda foamer! Exactly the type of car I love to find.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Looks like a great car but the fact it spent it's whole life in Hawaii scares me, I spent a couple years on islands, salt in the air makes stuff rust in weird places... If it was in a garage or a warehouse the whole time it's probably fine but a few months outside & all bets are off...

I know he said only three small spots but till you take the car apart you never really know do you?   Island rust isn't like Chicago rust, cars seem to rust from the top down, or a rust hole will pop up in the middle of the door.....

Just my thoughts... Might be a great excuse to take a vacation in Hawaii, I'm sure momma would be fine with that idea...

Cuda Cody

If it wasn't for the repaint / paint change, I would be all over that car.  Here's some videos:
[video]https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallerypics/videos/1_07_06_17_10_20_27.mp4[/video]

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

I have lots of photos too... if anyone wants them.  The change in color and the vinyl top being removed / painted worries me a little, but this does not look like a rust bucket.  I would suspect there's a little more rust then there appears, but not much.

RUNCHARGER

The Hawaii thing would be a concern as well but it looks pretty solid. Some of those Florida cars are a real eye opener. And yes if anyone needs it checked out I'd be happy to do so for expenses!
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

I can do the inspection for 20% off that price.   8)   :P

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 07, 2017, 11:04:56 AM
And yes if anyone needs it checked out I'd be happy to do so for expenses!

RUNCHARGER

Of course inspecting this car could take a couple of weeks.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 07, 2017, 11:39:10 AM
Of course inspecting this car could take a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I could easily see the inspection taking awhile....  Since I do have some free time I'd be happy to do the inspection for air fare & four days hotel accommodations... I'll cover the additional expenses...

And yes for an island car it does look really solid.....

scf100

is the woodgrain on gauge cluster original?
1970 Challenger R/T convertible Triple Black

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: scf100 on June 07, 2017, 01:17:56 PM
is the woodgrain on gauge cluster original?

Yes... In this case part of the Gran Coupe Pkg