Main Menu

Leaning Tower of Power

Started by anlauto, November 26, 2022, 01:36:46 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Bpret

I would leave the slant 6 in it. Anyone know the production numbers I bet it's fairly rare.

Rich G.

If I wasn't knee deep in the truck I'm working on I'd scoop this up. 6 cylinder with air! I'm tempted.

adm413

This has been for sale off and on for a while now. Pretty cool car if you like oddballs and not really a bad price.

dodj

Quote from: Bpret on November 26, 2022, 05:37:44 PM
I would leave the slant 6 in it. Anyone know the production numbers I bet it's fairly rare.
Hmmmmm. I'd toss the six, throw in a BB or stroked SB. Get rid of the hub cap wheels, replace the vinyl, and....... drive it.

Not a lot of people that want to drive a 6 cyl Barracuda....there are some...but not a lot.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

It would be neat to see an odd ball car like this with a top end OE type resto...hubcaps and all ....Draw a lot more attention than your average Hemicuda...

I think rich collectors like The Brothers Collection should step up and save some of the odd balls :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

adm413

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2022, 04:54:18 PM
It would be neat to see an odd ball car like this with a top end OE type resto...hubcaps and all ....Draw a lot more attention than your average Hemicuda...

I think rich collectors like The Brothers Collection should step up and save some of the odd balls :D

Totally agree with this. Its an unfortunate case of rarity not equaling desirability so it will probably get restored as a cuda clone

anlauto

I think back to Dave Walden's Black 4dr Valiant that is the highest scoring OE restored car....Something like that needs to happen to an odd ball E Body :alan2cents:  Preserved for the Smithsonian  ;)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2022, 05:44:06 PM
I think back to Dave Walden's Black 4dr Valiant that is the highest scoring OE restored car....Something like that needs to happen to an odd ball E Body :alan2cents:  Preserved for the Smithsonian  ;)
I dunno. When someone steps up to look at a 'cuda or Challenger one of the first questions always seems to be "what's in it? 340? 440?" And if the owner says 318 or 225...the person asking the question usually seems a little disappointed.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rich G.

I still remember being at a show and there was a Hemi Cuda and a 6cyl Cuda there and more people were hanging around checking out the 6cyl car. Of all the Cuda's that go to Carlisle, how many are 6cyl? Dare to be different.

ec_co

there were bout 5500 total /6 Barracudas in '70, but over the years many/most have been converted to V8s. so while not initially rare, they are more rare than a Hemi Cuda these days and you'd be hard pressed to see one in real life versus the multitude of v8 Cudas you'll see. I've wavered back and forth over the years on converting mine, but I'm still on track with restoring it with it's original slant 6 3spd comb (helluva lot cheaper too). if you want an interesting show car, get a /6 e-body and see how many folks oooh and aww over it versus the cloned Hemi next to it.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

anlauto

Quote from: dodj on December 01, 2022, 05:17:05 AM
Quote from: anlauto on November 30, 2022, 05:44:06 PM
I dunno. When someone steps up to look at a 'cuda or Challenger one of the first questions always seems to be "what's in it? 340? 440?" And if the owner says 318 or 225...the person asking the question usually seems a little disappointed.

I certainly understand and agree with that mindset at a cruise night or local show, but when you're at a Mopar show and there's rows of Cudas, seeing something like that is refreshingly different...

It's sort of like a restored Model "T" in a museum, yea there a million different modified ones over the last 100 years,  but once and awhile it's nice to see a restored original one to actually appreciate how simple they were.

With slant six or 318 Barracudas like this one, that was the bread and butter of the E Body line up that paid the way for all the high performance ones out there....they have their place in History in my opinion... :alan2cents:

With all that being said.....lets put a Gen III hemi in it and call it a day :burnout:

chargerdon

My first new car was a 70 Chally slant six, with 3sp manual on the floor.   PS white walls, am radio and wheel covers were the only options.   it actually ran good, had enough powere as a daily driver and got over 20 mpg on a trip and around 18 -19 local driving.    I wish i still had it !!

dodj

Quote from: ec_co on December 01, 2022, 06:36:26 AM

there were bout 5500 total /6 Barracudas in '70, but over the years many/most have been converted to V8s. so while not initially rare, they are more rare than a Hemi Cuda these days and you'd be hard pressed to see one in real life versus the multitude of v8 Cudas you'll see. I've wavered back and forth over the years on converting mine, but I'm still on track with restoring it with it's original slant 6 3spd comb (helluva lot cheaper too). if you want an interesting show car, get a /6 e-body and see how many folks oooh and aww over it versus the cloned Hemi next to it.
Yaa...they will say cool...he kept the 6 in it....but they will buy the 340...or 440....not the 6