Main Menu

Started by Roadman, July 30, 2017, 01:05:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

I don't know if this is a fair price or not .     :notsure:           :rebelflag"    https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/d/mopar-engine-cuda-challenger/6183736741.html

headejm

Seems high to me. I have a 1971 340 that doesn't draw any interest on this site. The new pistons are worth about $400 and the rest is worth about $500 to $750.  Would cost about $4,000 to get it machined and put back together. :alan2cents:

76orangewagon

I was looking for a 1971 Block and found one on Ebay but the seller wanted $1200.00 for a bare block dated 1-27-71 which is high $$$ to me . I have the same casting date block 1-7-70 on my incorrect block in my 1971 but the Julian date on the block is 3199 so May 1st 1970. Once I find the correctly dated block I'll be swapping mine out. 

MoparLeo

:stop: Paying the running price for a disassembled engine is like paying the price of a finished car and just getting a  bunch of parts.  Pass on it. Not worth it unless all of the parts were already reconditioned/replaced and just needed to be assembled. Wait for an original, unmolested running engine. That can be run tested,  compression checked, any engine sounds, smoke etc...
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...