Main Menu

Someone else did it...

Started by ViperMan, June 28, 2017, 07:22:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ec_co

Quote from: 76orangewagon on June 28, 2017, 12:47:26 PM
I feel lucky to get $47.2K for the duster after seeing this. I considered selling at Mecum but after the seller fee's in May but would have had to get well into the $50K range to get what I ended up getting. The 'Cuda looks very nicely done...I think I would have added the cheese grater grille though.  :alan2cents:

I don't think I've seen a higher price for an a-body that I can recall. that was one helluva beast you put together
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

HP2

I'm surprised they think it is worth $30k more than they paid for it. Perhaps they have a client base that tosses money around more than the regular collector market.

ec_co

Quote from: HP2 on June 28, 2017, 03:08:32 PM
I'm surprised they think it is worth $30k more than they paid for it. Perhaps they have a client base that tosses money around more than the regular collector market.

just dealers being dealers and trying to wring every last penny out of it. my buddy in Texas has had a blown '70 Barracuda on his lot for 10+ months now @ $80k .... I keep telling him he'll never sell it for that, its just not worth it and needs a lot of work to be at that level .... he never listens and is stubborn as hell (he also overpaid for it too @ $50k .... I wouldn't have paid more than $30-35k for it in its current state)

edit: link for those curious. I see he finally dropped the price down quite a bit, but still not worth that IMO (look closely and you'll see why) http://www.stadiumautotexas.com/Used-1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-Barracuda-Classic/vd/31185571
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came