Main Menu

Nice rust free Barracuda

Started by anlauto, March 31, 2018, 12:01:42 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

Well buying AND selling these cars is a fine art, IMO. The internet has changed how we do things. I remember  selling with Hemmings Motor news and mailing video taps out! Now it's done in an instant with a cell phone in your pocket. You still have to have honesty and integrity, which seams to be lacking in today's society. There is some variation in opinion that you have to consider as well. I've started to sell off some of my ebody project cars lately. I sold some b body stuff recently that went well. I just sold a 70 barracuda. It needed a lot so I priced it very reasonably. Judging from the response, it was too cheap. But it went to a young guy with a love for cars and a good dad that is dying to work on the Cuda. He had just about given up finding one in his price range but he was the first to call and I held it till he could get here. Several guys were willing to pay more and claimed they could be here in 5 or 6 hours. Being from the rust belt, it was way better than he expected. His Dad has a bad disease, he has a Mustang! I hope we can cure him before it's too late! Lol. Bottom line is he was very satisfied with the car and I can spend some money now on one of my other cars. I made a new friend to boot. I never have any trouble selling my cars and everyone is always pleased. I send plenty of pictures and give a fair assessment of the condition of the car. I don't get talked into cutting some out because he lives a long way from me. Honestly, I have better dealing with guys far away because we don't have to play the "game" like the guys on TV.

BFM_Cuda

I was interested in this one, was watching the last two minutes of the auction for fun. Kinda neat to see it jump from $11,075 to $12,870 in the last 3 seconds...   :unbelievable:

anlauto

That's kinda where I thought it might go  :bigmoney: :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Fastmark

Here's a gran coupe I put on eBay with a reserve two years ago to raise some funds to pay for a broken promise someone made. It did not meet my reserve. I think it got up to 11,800. This was before it was finished up and assembled. It did not have a motor or trans but it is rust free. That is the original paint. It's been in my warehouse since 78. I decided to not sell it but some others that I have collected instead. I would have like to have seen the floors and trunk on the one on eBay. I think it may have done better.