Main Menu

rally dash 7500.00

Started by cuda hunter, May 01, 2022, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

https://denver.craigslist.org/pts/d/la-salle-mopar-1971-cuda-challenger/7478105484.html

A little high.   Am I missing something?   

Says the thing was restored years ago.  Dash pad painted? 

I mean, a set of rally's is about 1200 bucks right?
Dash, maybe 1000 if perfect. Not if painted.
Then there is some wiring.  3-400 bucks.
Switch panel 200 bucks. 
Speaker grills
Speakers
radio trim
both bottom steering wheel/dash trims left and right
glove box door
ash tray
4 speed reverse light

That doesn't add up to 5K. 

What do yal think?

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

1971 Cuda Challenger 3 Speaker Rallye Dash Oem Restored years ago, This was for my 71 challenger project
that has sense sold!!! You would be pressed hard to find one this complete!!!
For more info contact by phone only!!! This is a landline, No Emails!!!

(970) 284-7837
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cudamadd

Wow had to rub my eyes again and again wasn't sure I read it correctly  :australia:  :rubeyes:

anlauto

Does it come with a VIN tag and title ?  :haha: :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Alan, what do you think the cost would be for such items.
To purchase them unrestored, and then to have them restored in this condition?

Do you have a basic price for this combination?  I'm curious. 

Rich G.

Is the dash pad the same for CUDA and challenger?

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on May 02, 2022, 07:07:50 AM
Is the dash pad the same for CUDA and challenger?

in 1971-1974 it is..Only in70 were they different :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Rich G.

Thanks , I knew 70 was different didn't know about the other years. Something new I'll forget in about 10 minutes.

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on May 02, 2022, 09:28:35 AM
. Something new I'll forget in about 10 minutes.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :twothumbsup:  I know that feeling :drinkingbud:

Skdmark

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 02, 2022, 06:43:46 AM

$7500 is too much.
Starting with nothing, I would venture 5k for everything done at a fairly high level and having someone else do the work. Properly restored and calibrated OEM rallye gauges are not cheap. M&H harness from Year One is about $700 or have Parts Hound refurb an original harness for a little less. Rallye gauge light bars are $350 needing resto. You can have $600 in restored dash switches.

3k parts + 2k for labor, materials and gauge refurb if you have someone else do the work. This is partially based on me building a set recently.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

cuda hunter

Quote from: Skdmark on May 02, 2022, 11:45:37 AM
Quote from: cuda hunter on May 02, 2022, 06:43:46 AM

$7500 is too much.
Starting with nothing, I would venture 5k for everything done at a fairly high level and having someone else do the work. Properly restored and calibrated OEM rallye gauges are not cheap. M&H harness from Year One is about $700 or have Parts Hound refurb an original harness for a little less. Rallye gauge light bars are $350 needing resto. You can have $600 in restored dash switches.

3k parts + 2k for labor, materials and gauge refurb if you have someone else do the work. This is partially based on me building a set recently.

That's what I wanted to hear, some experience.  Thanks!

cuda hunter

Quote from: Rich G. on May 02, 2022, 09:28:35 AM
Thanks , I knew 70 was different didn't know about the other years. Something new I'll forget in about 10 minutes.

Rich, The 70 barracuda dash has a cursive "barracuda" script on the passengers side where as the 70 Challenger dash pad has a cursive "challenger" script. 
  The 71-74 cuda and challenger has a blank rectangle pad that an emblem is glued to, making them universal.   Just another one of the items that make 70's the best.  I'll try to find some pics after I get back from work.

ratroaster

Depends on the quality of restoration. Instrument Specialties was getting 5K years ago for turn key full dash restorations. Probably more now.  If you had to buy everything and send it to them you would be right there on cost.  Sure you could save a ton doing the cosmetic stuff yourself.

cuda hunter

@ratroaster
So, if these parts were purchased and actually "high end" restored through a reputable company the cost would indeed be somewhere around 7500?  All said and done, from nothing to everything perfect. 

ratroaster

I bet you would be close to that number if you had to purchase all the parts and then paid them to do everything. Seems ridiculous but they are always swamped with work so people are paying it.