Main Menu

Six Pack Chally in Seattle

Started by 71GranCoupe, May 01, 2017, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Might be interesting project, but looks like it needs lots of parts.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6094205191.html

1970 dodge challenger , real js23v code car. this is a project . There is no motor or tranny. Do not call or tex unless you understand this is not a 318 challenger, it a factory 440 six pack , shaker hood, really dash, automatic car. The car is dissembled have about 80% to put it back together. Getting it ready to have it dipped and start body work.I have attached the fender tag so you can decode it .$21,000 or best offer, will trade for other e bodies .things that I do have for the car.
* lights tail, marker, headlight, grill, bezels, seats, black door panels kick and back panels, heater box, steering column ,dash and core pad,bumper brackets,master cylinder and booster,headliner bows,shiftier parts,all glass, chrome trim, window trim,wiper arms , wiper motor,

Cuda Cody

I might give him a call tomorrow.  Not far from me.  Did you read the ad the same way I did.... he thinks it's a shaker car?   :notsure:

Price seems high to me?  Right?  What's it worth as it sits?   :huh:

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 01, 2017, 10:15:24 PM
I might give him a call tomorrow.  Not far from me.  Did you read the ad the same way I did.... he thinks it's a shaker car?   :notsure:

He did day Shaker car, but not coded for it. I agree, little high for the way it looks. I would probably go with a 15K price in mind, and go up or down on how solid it is and what parts are there and the shape of the part. Let us know how it all shakes out with the call. :cheers:

6bblgt

VERY unique look - burnt TAN with TAN leather interior, WHITE top & WHITE stripes

do it because you love it!  a non-numbers 440+6 automatic is going to be a money pit - 4.10 DANA helps, is it there?

Chryco Psycho

Interesting colors ,do not recall ever seeing a T6 interior before , love to see some pix of that  :bradsthumb:

fc7cuda

Color combo makes it really interesting, can't recall seeing one painted like that.  :yes:

He thinks it's a shaker because it has a shaker on it.  Depending if the hood is original(probably not) and if the Dana is in it and the condition of the rest of the parts, $15K could be a deal or steal.  :alan2cents:

750-h2

Neat V code car! Good project for someone.

ec_co

price seems a bit too high IMO. no drivetrain and sitting out in the open Seattle weather (where 80%+ of the year is rain/salt mist) makes for a lot of potential rot issues to deal with
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

RUNCHARGER

Neat car, close to me but not the right stuff for me. It's nice to see projects come up though.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

Way overpriced with no motor or tranny. Highly doubt he has any of the Shaker stuff anyway and there is no N96 on that plate.

I think this guy is dreamin....
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Looks like a fiberglass front fenders :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Crocha617

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 01, 2017, 10:15:24 PM

I think the price is a little high but you don't see v-code projects very often. Cody this one makes that one you looked at for me up in Alaska a few years back look like a steal. I probably should've bought that one.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Wasn't me...  I haven't had enough time to call yet.   :(

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha. I'm taking this morning off from "stuff" and it's tempting to call a few of these but I know I have no time for about the next month to organize anything anyway.
Sheldon