Main Menu

So, you think Mopar's are expensive to build, try an AMC

Started by Brads70, September 24, 2019, 05:12:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

This is just insane!  :looney:   This is the last ( I think?) part I need restoration parts wise for my 71 Javelin.
One of the AMC vendors have said they are working on a reproduction of this part and they estimate it being sold for about $160 due out this year.(reasonable!) Mopar did repop these in the 80's but the "un etched" version . and sold them for like $40. There is just no way I'd pay this or anywhere near this . I'd make something or adapt from another car.
AMC purists, just ain't right in the melon sometimes. WOW!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AMC-NOS-AMX-Javelin-SC-Rambler-Door-Scuff-plates/283618162255?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

7E-Bodies

The guy that trained me to do body and paint back in the 80s was an AMC fanatic. All high dollar rare ones. Big time AMO member. He had a parts stash that was insane.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Dakota

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

72 Challenger

I am going to look at a Javelin soon. This makes me feel great!  :))
Someday I will have a J0b.

Rich G.

Holy smokes! With 20 bids so far at that price there's a couple of guys out there were lots of money to burn!

Jay Bee

Seriously????? I had to put this in my watch list so I don't miss what the hammer price ends up at.

Brads70

Quote from: 72 Challenger on September 24, 2019, 08:02:52 AM
I am going to look at a Javelin soon. This makes me feel great!  :))

Buy a complete one ! It will be much cheaper in the long run!  :yes:

BIGSHCLUNK

The sad thing is I'm sure in someone's stash of parts (in my area) HOME OF AMC. There's some just sitting that could be had cheap.... just don't know where...  :notsure:

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on September 24, 2019, 02:38:18 PM
The sad thing is I'm sure in someone's stash of parts (in my area) HOME OF AMC. There's some just sitting that could be had cheap.... just don't know where...  :notsure:
Funny thing is I now see more of them listed, I guess others have noticed the crazy prices and are cashing in on the madness! LOL

IRON MAN

Get used to it! I've spent 3X restoring my 68 AMX 390 "Go Package" than what I paid for it.... and it's mot painted yet. Everyone has a "Belly Button", but not everyone has an AMC.

jimynick

Wow, there's crazy and then there's stupid and $950 USD for a pair of AMC step plates makes me think it's more the latter than the former here!  :crazytalk:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ragtopdodge

Jay Bee

There you go - $995.00 USD, or approximately $1319.52 CAD to Brad. I know a guy that wouldn't pay that for his daily driver.