Main Menu

Super low mile 1971 Challenger vert. original paint

Started by GrandpaKevin, July 02, 2019, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on July 03, 2019, 05:09:15 AM
I was always led to believe that all convertibles regardless of engine displacement came from factory with a B.F.Goodrich spacesaver tire, E or F-78-14

I agree, but I think for an extra cost you could order a full size spare ?? Or like the tire you just advertised, maybe it was swapped out at the dealer. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71vert340

I'm trying to figure out why the ashtray and glove box doors look so ratty as if there's surface rust compared to the rest of the dash. I also noticed my 71 does not have the screw type top anti-rattle clips and this one does.
Terry

6bblgt

AFAIK 7.75-14 very early & F78-14 ONLY (no E78-14 space-savers on E-bodies)

roughly 104 of the 1971 Challenger convertibles were ordered with the full size spare "W08" (not available with 15" tires) at NO EXTRA COST

6bblgt

JH27G1B335996 was "SCHEDULED" March 23, 1971

definitely not early & it seems there are many late in the model year convertibles with the earlier trunk floor  :huh:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on July 03, 2019, 07:10:30 AM
JH27G1B335996 was "SCHEDULED" March 23, 1971

definitely not early & it seems there are many late in the model year convertibles with the earlier trunk floor  :huh:

Interesting, I've known of a few 71 verts with the later style floor & hadn't really noticed a trend toward the early floor...  But I've seen allot more 70 verts that 71...

The early style A/C line could have been swapped when the condenser was replaced....

Hadn't even checked the VIN to consider production date, I was just looking at the parts....

An yes Alan it's gotta be a rebody......  Not!! :rofl: