Main Menu

T/A $12k

Started by torredcuda, March 15, 2018, 09:29:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I'm kinda surprised this hasn't sold yet  :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Iowa Six Barrel

I am not surprised. The build sheet is almost all gone. No fender tags. The transmission she has does not belong with the car. The exhaust manifolds are not for a 340. And she told me she turned down $11500. I told her to go get that guys money and run.

anlauto

Still the cheapest TA/AAR I've seen in a long time. If it was a better colour combo, it would be long gone :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Color, column shift, no fender tag or sheet for the car, missing a lot of parts, no numbers engine / trans, tons of rust in the frame and other places, and some other small things make it about priced about right IMO.  With this car you have to be someone that can do the work yourself or have a connection with someone like Alan that can do the work for a fair price.  This car has the potential to be a money pit and in the end it's a non numbers, no fender tag, column shift auto in a color that does not normally bring much money.

You're just buying the "right" to build that car from scratch.  It's a long road back, but I hope someone does it.

cuda hunter

That thing has some scary rust.   And I can only see like 1% of it. 

Is that a build sheet?  More like a scrap of a build sheet.  Wonder if it's got the vin on it.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I think of it this way....A lot of people are willing to pay $8K-$10K for any old 70 Challenger to restore or build to their liking....why not spend a little extra and start with an original T/A ?

HP_Cuda

You would have to pay me to take it.

Too far gone and too deep a pit.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

dodj

Quote from: cuda hunter on March 15, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
That thing has some scary rust.   
I didn't think rust scared you.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

kathyscuda

we all don't think alike.
I see a pile of crap that's missing too many expensive parts.
and this one is missing the big 3 , FENDER TAGS,BUILD SHEET, ##################S MATCH IS GONE.

RUNCHARGER

I can see Alan's point as well. Lot's of people are starting with an $8k 318 car in the same or worse shape than this one. I agree though that if you really want a T/A it would be better to start with one that has more to offer.
Sheldon

Cudajason

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 15, 2018, 06:46:09 PM
I can see Alan's point as well. Lot's of people are starting with an $8k 318 car in the same or worse shape than this one. I agree though that if you really want a T/A it would be better to start with one that has more to offer.

I agree... and if I had the money, I would be thinking about this one, but the fact that the engine and other TA specific items are gone is a bit of a killer.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

anlauto

Years ago I had a customer that bought a beat-up 1974 Barracuda that someone had started modifying it into a 70....He paid almost as much for it as this TA....then he spent a fortune on it to build his dream car.....

Don't you think it would have been smarter in the long run to start with an AAR if he could have ?

We're all in agreement that if you want a correct documented restored TA.....this is NOT the car for you.

Think of it this way: You dream of owning a Panther Pink 4spd TA Challenger.....out of reach for most people, so you're not a big numbers guy so you decide to just "build your own"

You buy a typical 70 318 car with rust issues for $10K.....needs everything to fulfill your dream.
or
You spend $12K to buy this JH23J0B...... and it needs everything as well to fulfill your dream.

So now you spend the $50K to build your correct appearing FM3 4gear TA.....

What's the difference in value now ? I guessing more then $2K

RUNCHARGER

Exactly: I have to admit I would like the fact it had the T/A vin even thought it wouldn't be "as manufactured".
Sheldon

cuda hunter

Quote from: dodj on March 15, 2018, 06:24:17 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on March 15, 2018, 04:18:23 PM
That thing has some scary rust.   
I didn't think rust scared you.

I'm not afraid of rust.
The only AAR I have owned was waay worse than this thing.  Mine didn't have any bolt on parts left aside from dash and a few interior parts.  So, vin tag.  That's it.   I bought it.  Hell, I drove to b.f.e. missouri and pulled it out of the mud with a tractor.  Straight out of the mud it had sat in for over 30 years.       I can now at least say I owned an AAR.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee