Main Menu

This would be a sweet AAR when finished!

Started by Brads70, April 05, 2019, 03:53:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bcbassfishing

Unfortunatly color is a factor for many.  Personally if I'm going to drop a large chunk of change on a car I better be happy with the look of it.  I know we really are just becoming caretakers or allot of these rides these days but personally I can't see myself owning a pink car, triple green or triple blue or the burnt orange.  Yes there are some seriously cool rides with those colors but end of the day I know I wouldn't be happy with it.  I had a 70 Cuda 340 in Citron Mist and couldn't give the car away.  Every person who looked at it said they'd hand the cash over if it was almost any other color than gold.

RUNCHARGER

I don't buy them to sell them. For me if I own a car I know is unpilferred I don't really care what colour it is. My HemiCuda was purple but I didn't really enjoy owning it because I knew it had a rough life and lots of chinese sheetmetal on it to make it whole. I would have loved to have traded it for an original metal car in almost any colour.
Sure the B.J. types are taken in by purple and red but they are just in it to show up the neighbor anyway.
I'd love to buy your 71 and I think it stands out because of what colour it is, my upcoming pension years mean I can't personally buy it though. I bet when you do sell it though it will go to someone who will appreciate it and not buy it to flip it.
Sheldon

bcbassfishing

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 06, 2019, 09:50:32 AM
I don't buy them to sell them. For me if I own a car I know is unpilferred I don't really care what colour it is. My HemiCuda was purple but I didn't really enjoy owning it because I knew it had a rough life and lots of chinese sheetmetal on it to make it whole. I would have loved to have traded it for an original metal car in almost any colour.
Sure the B.J. types are taken in by purple and red but they are just in it to show up the neighbor anyway.
I'd love to buy your 71 and I think it stands out because of what colour it is, my upcoming pension years mean I can't personally buy it though. I bet when you do sell it though it will go to someone who will appreciate it and not buy it to flip it.

Wasn't really my kind of ride but your 71 Hemi Charger was a killer machine and learned allot from you and that car.  There's an ass for every seat so they say...  and thats what makes this hobby cool.  Something that isn't one's preferance is sure nice to see regardless these days.

JH27N0B

I love my '71 and I can think of worse things to be stuck with! With only 125 4 speeds made in '71, it's not probable I'll ever get a chance to own another one.  But that being said, cars like 6 packs and hemis cost a ton of money, and one needs to think he can find a buyer at a reasonable price if he needs to sell. And these "unpopular" colors can make that difficult, as in my situation, a burden when I'm paying insurance, storage and plates, plus maintenance, on a car I have to make a project out of retrieving to enjoy a little before putting it back away.
I've been shocked on the other side of the color issue, for example seeing TX9 AARs and T/As selling for over 50% more than it would be if it was a more common good color like yellow or red.
Or that over restored FM3 T/A that sold at Mecum last year for $185,000!
Getting back to the subject car, it will be a labor of love restoring that FK5 AAR because it would be a challenging car to sell for a good price if it went on the market.

6bblgt

can someone post it, if there was a fender tag pic for the subject FK5 rubber bumper AAR  :takepicture:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Those that know me get that I'm not at all a numbers matching kinda guy. Not that I don't like looking or appreciate the work involved at building/maintaining  perfectly preserved 1:1 scale diecasts . I just don't have or make time for those kind of details. I'd rather drive the heck outta them as they were intended when built . But this car somehow grabbed my attention and I really like the colour! It would be one of my top 5 favourite colours for an AAR. It would be fun ( and fun to daydream) if I had the resources to bring this one back from the dead . I think restored it would be a stunner for sure! What are you really buying that doesn't need replacement? Vin tags and some roof structure maybe? If this one does get restored it will be an "AMD survivor"! LOL To far gone for my resources and skill set to bring back but I hope someone does!  :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

This one doesn't seem much better then the tags for the blue one in the other thread  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on April 06, 2019, 05:59:59 PM
This one doesn't seem much better then the tags for the blue one in the other thread  :haha:

yup , send it out for sandblasting ship it back in a dust pan!  :haha:
It would make no economic sense but if I won a lottery I'd do it.... or have you and Ken do it.  :D