Main Menu

Upcoming Lot @ Copart - 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T - Extensive Front End Damage

Started by Smallblock340, October 31, 2022, 10:33:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

Guaranteed the firewall and floor-pans are buckled!!! The K-frame sent the right frame rail into a C shape pretzel.   :alan2cents:

Jay Bee

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 01, 2022, 07:48:37 AM
Forgot to mention - did the speedo break at the mph the accident occurred?

The needle's broken. The pointer is actually the other half which is at zero.

torredcuda

Quote from: JS29 on November 01, 2022, 01:32:22 PM
Guaranteed the firewall and floor-pans are buckled!!! The K-frame sent the right frame rail into a C shape pretzel.   :alan2cents:

Hard to tell from the few pics but the roof doesn`t look buckled so I would guess damage is lower cowl and front door post area, not too hard of a pull.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

RUNCHARGER

Check how the seats are sitting. The car will come back but it needs somebody with proper skills and equipment to do it. Otherwise someone will just destroy a 2-3-4 body for their "restoration".
Sheldon

Brads70

RUNCHARGER

Still no auction date  on it. It was either restored in the 70's (paint looks too good though) or the guy was too cheap to buy the correct vinyl top and painted on the longitudinal stripes. I agree with Brad you're going to be dealing with some cracked drivetrain components.
Sheldon

Fish Tale

Does a "salvaged" title concern anyone?  I believe it would knock the value down once done.

70vert

Quote from: Fish Tale on November 04, 2022, 11:34:02 AM
Does a "salvaged" title concern anyone?  I believe it would knock the value down once done.

Yes (I mentioned that in earlier post), no matter how top-notch the restoration is it will take a "hit" in price with a salvage title. A shame, but then that is what it is. :brainiac: