Main Menu

Who knew it was an "easy fix"?! :)

Started by ViperMan, June 16, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Plymouth-Barracuda-CUDA-/112444498271?hash=item1a2e36e15f:g:QYIAAOSwCQZZNymr&vxp=mtr

"FOR THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE THE COLOR CAN CHANGE COLOR WAS GOLD WITH BLACK FROM FACTORY EASY FIX!!!!"

Easy fix to change the color, huh?!  Why didn't I ever know that?!  :)

Sleepychallenger

Well Geez...guess I should just drop my car off for a repaint on my way to work and pick it up at lunch.  :crazytalk:

1 Wild R/T

Hey Foose gets it done in a couple hours.. You just need to find the right shop..... :rofl: :rofl:

JS29

HP2

Yup, and restoration is as easy as a gallon of body filler and the aforementioned repaint. Why do you guys make it so difficult?

Chryco Psycho

That would go well beside a duster  :ohyeah:

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 16, 2017, 10:13:46 AM
That would go well beside a duster  :ohyeah:

I know.  I've looked at this car (online) a few times and everytime I come away thinking that is not FM3...it's more like bubblegum. Maybe it's just the lighting, but it just doesn't look right to me. Great price though....and what the heck...the color is an easy fix!  :haha:
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

wldgtx

I went to see this car in person and I can tell that it is in fact painted FM3... but it is extremely sun faded (the door jams and decklid look legit).

I cannot begin to tell you the issues with this car and to be respectful of the seller, I will keep my opinion to myself... well maybe.
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National

blown motor

I'm surprised nobody has bought this car yet. A rare "fastback" model for only 19K!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

wldgtx

Quote from: blown motor on June 29, 2017, 06:10:08 AM
I'm surprised nobody has bought this car yet. A rare "fastback" model for only 19K!

My favorite was the previous listing that he said "Calling all Moe Par folks!"  :rubeyes: :))

Spikedog08

Couple hours and have it done!  Alan could do it in about 20 minutes!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ViperMan

Quote from: wldgtx on June 29, 2017, 06:22:43 AM

My favorite was the previous listing that he said "Calling all Moe Par folks!"  :rubeyes: :))

He's clearly one of those guys who have "all the best words"!   :haha:

wldgtx

Quote from: ViperMan on June 29, 2017, 07:28:45 AM
Quote from: wldgtx on June 29, 2017, 06:22:43 AM

He's clearly one of those guys who have "all the best words"!   :haha:

I pointed out a few areas of concern to him when I was looking over the car (there were a few major issues) but he didn't seem phased.  He said the car screamed, but when he started it, it sounded like a 440 that needed a rebuild in a bad way.  He also did not know what year the engine was or any detail what so ever.   Compounding that with the fact that he admitted that he just bought the car a couple of months prior (likely last fall) and thought he scored a sweetheart deal.  I think he was just trying to get out of it since it needed a shitload of help.

HP2

Its a screamer! Yupper. Boughtit cuz it reminded me of one I saw in high school. Only needs a few easy fixes, but I'm too lazy and unknowledgeable to actually do it. I mean, I'm too busy and it deserves a good home. yea. That's the ticket!

Remember, restoration is only a gallon of bondo and a coat of paint away.